May 1, 2021
GRAYWOLF INTEGRATED CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
Owensboro, KY 42303
A Laborer assists Craft Journeyman and Craft Helpers by performing support tasks on construction projects such as erecting, wrecking, repairing, maintenance and janitorial functions. Considered entry level.
Varies by location. Must have open availability any time, any day of the week. Length of employment is limited to job assignment and/or project duration.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Safety – work safely around the hazards associated with the Construction field.
• Tools – use hand, electric, pneumatic and hydraulic tools and in a safe manner.
• Construction Math - Demonstrates a basic level of competency in construction math as required in trade practice.
• Rigging Equipment – Safely and competently identify and use basic rigging procedures and equipment including chain hoists, come-alongs, jacks and tuggers.
• Dig, spread and level dirt and gravel using a pick and shovel.
• Lift, carry and hold building materials and supplies
• Clean tools, equipment, materials and work areas, including sweeping, mopping and other general clean-up activities.
• Join, wrap, align and seal sections of pipe.
• Assemble sections of dredge pipeline.
• Measure distance from grade stakes and drive stakes
• Stretch tight line
• Bolt, nail, align and block up under forms.
• Signal operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications.
• Mop, brush or spread paints or bituminous compounds over surfaces for protection.
• Spray materials such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint or stucco through hose to clean, coat or seal surfaces.
• Grind, sand or polish surfaces using abrasive tools or machines.
• Demolish buildings, saw lumber, dismantle forms, remove objects from concrete, mount hangars and cut and attach insulating material.
• Work within precise limits and standards of accuracy.
• Follow oral and written directions.
• Work within company policies (including Safety and Human Resources policies), client policy and OSHA safety requirements.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
• Completion of pre-hire and post-hire substance abuse testing as required by company and/or client.
• Completion of Safety related certifications such as OSHA 10 or Safety council programs as required by company and/or client.
• Ability to work with others to achieve job goals.
• Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions as required by client and/or facility policy.
• Stand or walk for long periods of time.
• Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects.
• Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds, occasionally lifting items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance.
• Climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other objects.
• Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
• Acceptable eyesight – naturally or with correction.
• Eye-hand coordination.
• Good physical fitness.
• Good sense of balance.
• Work at great heights is required.
TOOL REQUIREMENTS (minimum)
25’ Tape Measure
• 12” adjustable wrench
• Ball Peen Hammer
• Sledge Hammer
• Screw driver (1/m – flat head, 1/m Phillips head)
• Torpedo level (Pocket)
• Tool Box with Lock
• Rain Coat or Poncho
• Steel toed or Composite toed Work Boots
Construction workers perform physically demanding work including lifting and carrying heavy objects, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling in awkward positions. Some work at great heights, or outdoors in all weather conditions. Some jobs expose workers to harmful materials or chemicals, fumes, odors, loud noise or dangerous machinery. Some workers may be exposed to lead based paint, asbestos, or other hazardous substances during their work especially when working in confined spaces. To avoid injury, workers in these jobs wear safety clothing/personal protective equipment such as gloves, hard hats, protective chemical suits, and devices to protect their eyes, respiratory system and hearing. While working in underground construction, Construction workers must be especially alert to safely follow procedures and must deal with a variety of hazards.
EMPLOYEE REVIEW ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
I acknowledge that I have read the Job Description and I understand what would be expected of me. The company reserves the right to change or reassign job duties or to combine positions at any time. I also understand that I am an at-will employee, and this Job Description does not constitute a contract of employment.
Candidate/Employee Signature Date