High School Library Media Specialist - Apollo High
April 30, 2021
HIGH SCHOOL LIBRARY MEDIA SPECIALIST - APOLLO HIGH Daviess County School District ( learn more ) Owensboro , KY ( map )
Apply for this job!
Tell a friend
• Job ID: 3513775
• Application Deadline: Posted until Filled
• Posted : April 30, 2021
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
My Email Send Alerts
Job Class Description: MEDIA LIBRARIAN
Class Code: 1060
Job Title: LIBRARY MEDIA SPECIALIST
Supervisory Responsibilities: LIBRARY MEDIA CLERK
Position Type: FULL-TIME
FLSA Classification: EXEMPT
Reports To: PRINCIPAL
Location: VARIES BASED ON ASSIGNMENT
Commensurate with salary range on the DCPS certified salary schedule
Hours Per Day: Varies based on assigned location
Contracted Days: Varies based on assigned location
Hold a valid Kentucky Teaching Certificate for School Media Librarian (K-12)
· Basic computer skills including use of mouse and keyboard to navigate computer, e-mail, and websites.
· Subject matter in area of assignment.
· Short and long-range planning techniques applicable to area of specialty.
· In-service materials, subject matter and methods in area of specialty.
· Record-keeping techniques.
· Communication skills.
· Research methods and report writing techniques.
· Laws, rules and regulations related to assigned activities.
· Policies and objectives of assigned program and activities.
· Principles of training and providing work direction.
· Technical aspects of field of specialty.
Provides a well-balanced media center containing materials in all formats, equipment, and a program of services, which enhances and supports the school’s educational goals and objectives by providing access to information and ideas for students, faculty, and staff.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
· Organizes and administers the library media center’s program of services to students and teachers to support the curriculum and to further the goals of the school.
· Maintains the library media center to be a functional, attractive, and orderly environment which encourages maximum use.
· Conducts an annual needs assessment and evaluation of the library media program through surveys, etc.
· Maintains a balanced, relevant physical and electronic library media collection, discarding worn and obsolete materials and equipment as necessary by Board Policy.
· Plans the budgeting and expenditure of funds allotted to the library program to reflect the requirements of the curriculum, subject to the Principal’s approval.
· Establishes efficient routines and procedures for the circulation, utilization, maintenance, and inventory of the library media collection and equipment.
· Provides instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas in a wide variety of formats.
· Instructs, encourages, and collaborates with teachers in using library materials and equipment, as needed or requested.
· Collaborates with teachers in planning instruction that will utilize library resources.
· Schedules, trains, and supervises the library media clerk/staff.
· Participates in relevant meetings and training to increase library expertise.
· Prepares periodic statistical, financial, and other reports as required.
· Assures compliance with federal, state, and district policy, administrative procedures, and negotiated agreements as applicable to assignment.
· Maintains current knowledge of program regulations, requirements, restrictions, and standards.
· Prepares and delivers training opportunities as appropriate.
· Prioritizes, plans, and organizes work to meet schedules and timelines.
· Actively promotes a school-wide culture of literacy through activities such as storytelling, book talks, displays, publications, reading programs, and special events.
· Empowers students to be critical thinkers, skillful researchers, and ethical users of information.
· Communicates effectively both orally and in writing.
· Maintains positive and professional working relationships with students, colleagues, and community members.
· Protects confidential information.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Location, duties, responsibilities may be altered to meet the needs of the district.
Successful completion of post-offer, pre-employment screenings are required as a contingency of employment.
Contracts are with the district of Daviess County Public Schools-not with individual locations. Location assignments are subject to change.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. Certified employee with year-to-year contract until continuing contract is granted
2. Participates in Kentucky Teacher’s Retirement System (KTRS)
• Position Type: Full-time
• Job Category : Student Services > Librarian/Media Specialist
• HR Admin
• PO Box 21510
• Owensboro, Kentucky 42304
• Phone: (270) 852-7000
• Email: click here
Apply for this job!
Tell a friend
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
× Close Login OR SIGN Up