April 30, 2021
Function Finance Relocation Available No Position Type Full Time
Overview / Job Summary
Commonwealth Rolled Products is a leading manufacturer of Aluminum rolled products for the Automotive, Commercial, and Industrial markets. The Company operates its production facility in Lewisport, KY with the support of an Automotive Innovation Center for R&D, Sales and Field Service in Madison Heights (DET), and Inside Sales in the Cleveland, OH area.
Our production facility is seeking to add a General Accountant to its Finance team. The purpose of this role is to support the Finance department to ensure that proper controls and accounting policies are followed in processing plant operation expenses. Other responsibilities would include general accounting activities such as preparing journal entries, and expense variance analysis. This role will also assist to improve, implement and sustain the systems and processes.
• Actively participate in maintaining a zero incident safety culture.
• Live and champion the Commonwealth Rolled Products core values; Safety, Integrity, Customer Focus, Ownership, Excellence, and Teamwork.
• Create, review and update the controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems.
• Rollforward of toller and/or warehouse month end balances. Identify and reconcile any differences.
• Validate and analyze cost of goods sold and absorption of month-end close. Create journal entries to record proper costs.
• Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles for different inventory levels.
• Compile and report the month-end inventory using multiple systems and manual inputs.
• Prepare, lead and reconcile quarterly and annual physical onsite inventories.
• Assist in offsite physical inventory cycle counts as needed.
• Perform month-end analysis of assigned general ledger accounts to review for accuracy and completeness. Prepare reclass entries as needed.
• Perform month-end analysis of actual expense versus budget and prepare report out as requested to other finance personnel or department managers.
• Prepare accruals as needed for payroll and various supplies and vendors to ensure accurate costs.
• Reconcile assigned general ledger accounts. Complete Balance Sheet reconciliation monthly and present to the Finance Team and provide support to controller as requested. Lead the BU quarterly balance sheet review.
• Maintain appropriate documentation to ensure compliance with corporate and Sarbanes-Oxley policies. Assist external and internal auditors as required to prove compliance with those policies.
• Assist in resolving issues on service PO’s through analysis with Oracle activity and requisitioners.
• Support the Director, Finance/Controller in financial analysis as requested or in other special project work as requested.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• 3+ year of Accounting or Finance experience
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work individually and in a team environment
• Strong problem solving skills
• Manufacturing experience is a must
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products
• Experience using Oracle
• Work experience in a manufacturing environment
Commonwealth Rolled Products is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.
APPLY NOW Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Join Our Talent Network
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to join our Talent Network and stay connected!
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS