April 30, 2021
Function Tech, R&D and Engineering Relocation Available No Position Type Full Time
Overview / Job Summary
Commonwealth Rolled Products is a leading manufacturer of Aluminum rolled products for the Automotive, Commercial, and Industrial markets. The Company operates its production facility in Lewisport, KY with the support of an Automotive Innovation Center for R&D, Sales and Field Service in Madison Heights (DET), and Inside Sales in the Cleveland, OH area.
Our production facility is seeking to add a talented Chemist to its team. The purpose of this role is responsibility for conducting qualitative and quantitative chemical and spectroscopy analyses for quality and process control of incoming raw materials, rolling lubricants and passivants used in the manufacture of aluminum alloys with end use in the automotive industry.
• Actively participate in maintaining a zero incident safety culture. • Participate in Plant Safety Observation Program
• Complete all required safety training
• Live and champion the Commonwealth Rolled Products core values; Safety, Integrity, Customer Focus, Ownership, Excellence, and Teamwork.
• Provide ICP analyses of Spark OES standards and samples, alloy elements from suppliers, water samples, hot rolling emulsion (primarily S, Zn, and Li) cold rolling lubricant
• Provide characterization of rolling fluids, pH, oil concentration, ash and residuals, kinematic viscosity, moisture content, water hardness, particle size characterization
• Provide FTIR analyses of hot rolling emulsion and cold rolling lubricant additives, incoming raw materials, and recycled mineral spirits
• Provide density and flashpoint analyses of incoming raw materials
• Develop new methods as required
• Provide documentation and analyses of analytical results as needed
• Calibration of Laboratory instrumentation
• Maintain and troubleshoot laboratory instrumentation to ensure proper working order.
• Maintain and support chemical laboratory ISO 17025 and ISO/IATF 16949 quality systems
• Exhibit competence in all areas of data reporting and/or result reporting. Provide accurate result reporting to all areas.
• Lead and carry out continuous improvement work as assigned by the Laboratory Supervisor.
• Four-year degree in Chemistry or relevant field of study or two year degree in Chemistry or relevant field of study with more than two years of applicable experience
• Must possess excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
• Basic computer skills required for MS Office Suite
• May be required to rotate shifts
• Previous industrial environment
• Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC), Continuous Improvement principles and ISO/IATF 16949 experience
• Advance computer skills
• Professional affiliations beneficial
Commonwealth Rolled Products is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.
APPLY NOW Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Join Our Talent Network
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to join our Talent Network and stay connected!
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS