Machine Operator I
April 29, 2021
Ready to build your future? We're hiring!
Are you an experienced MACHINE OPERATOR looking for a new opportunity? Dart Container wants you to join our team!
Within this role, you will work as part of a team that values and focuses on Dart's Four Priorities - safety, quality, service, and effciency - ensuring great products for our customers and a safe, engaging place to work for our employees. You will also:
• Be responsible for operating production machinery to run effciently while maintaining our high standard of quality
• Meet production schedules
• Adhere to all GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices)
• Maintain appropriate documentation
Family owned and operated for over 60 years, we're proud to offer competitive pay and other great benefits:
• Multiple schedules working with a diverse group of individuals
• Full tuition reimbursement
• Opportunities for advancement
• Comprehensive benefit package, including health, dental, vision, Flexible Spending Account, 401k, and wellness incentives
It only takes one application to be considered! See below for details and apply today!
• Follow and commit to meet Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for safety, quality, production, efficiency, and service requirements
• Follow practices and processes intended to provide safe products that comply with appropriate laws and regulations, meet the company quality standards
• Follow and commit to safety and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
• Assist with setting-up, starting, adjusting, diagnosing, troubleshooting and properly shutting down process equipment in accordance with published production schedules and product specifications.
• Assist with process machinery from raw materials through downstream finished goods
• Perform general preventative maintenance on equipment (i.e. fill lube lines, lube chain rails, grease guns, etc.) as required
• Maintain production logs and reports as required
• Promptly notify the Maintenance Department of any maintenance required
• Notify supervisor of significant deviations from normal operating conditions
• Perfom back-up Inspector Packer responsibilities during break and lunch periods
• Perform production process in SAP as required
Core Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate must possess all the following:
• Math skills to include simple addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
• Familiar with and ability to convert decimals to fractions or vice versa
• Basic mechanical aptitude and ability to troubleshoot basic problems including knowledge of machines and tools, their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
• Ability to observe, follow, understand, and evaluate processes demonstrated and other workplace procedures
• Demonstration of minimum proficiency with the English language in order to ensure effective new hire training and on-going communications about safety and quality issues
• Shift: 4 on nights/ 4 off/ 4 on days/ 4 off, always 6-6 rotating am & pm.
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferred
• Six (6) months material handling or machine operations experience, preferred
• Technical school or apprenticeship experience, preferred
• Previous powered industrial truck experience preferred
Overview: As the manufacturer of Dart® and Solo® brand products, Dart Container is an industry leading single-use food and beverage packaging company. With 15,000 employees and 40+ locations worldwide, Dart offers more than 4,000 products used every day in restaurants, hospitals, schools and homes around the globe.
Benefits: Dart Container full-time employees enjoy great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, tuition assistance, product discounts and more.
If you experience difficulty applying online, you may call (833) 472-3278 or email us at HRConnect@dart.biz for assistance.
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this website or for the application process, you should call Dart at (833) 472-3278 or email us at ADArequests@dart.biz. Relay calls can be made by dialing 711 or the relay number for your state.