April 27, 2021
$12.00 - $12.50 an hour
Number of hires for this role
Full Job Description JOB TITLE: Team Manager (TM)
STATUS: Full Time
REPORTS TO: Regional Manager
Responsible for working in multiple store locations of major retailers to:
• Assists garden center personnel
• Acts as a standalone merchandiser where needed
• Merchandises live nursery products
• Helps manage and direct Plant Kinetic Merchandisers
• Performs managerial duties that include the hiring and releasing of employees and all of the required paperwork that such employment changes require
• Draws on approved experiences from previous seasons to further the experience of other Plant Kinetic and Walmart employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Travel at least once per week to each of the assigned locations and work under the guidance of the Plant Kinetics Regional Manager (RM) in the design of that travel schedule
• Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with store management and personnel
• Read, instruct, and maintain store plan-o-gram integrity
• Communicate initiatives to merchandisers and store personnel
• Work with in-store customers to answer questions regarding the products
• Set and stock products on displays
• Keep products rotated to avoid substandard plant life
• Assist store in pricing both individual plants and updating prices on sign-holders
• Assist in the setup of live goods retail displays and execution of corporate programs
• Assist in the training of merchandisers and follows up on initial training
• Execute daily operational tasks and works with merchandisers while in assigned stores
• Communicate vendor and product updates to store personnel and merchandisers
• Assist store in the daily execution of plan-o-gram (POG) and daily upkeep of store conditions
• Communicate daily with store personnel to develop a task priority list
• Report daily on store and/or merchandising conditions and other issues affecting sales
• Evaluate and report daily to Regional Manager regarding execution of tasks and accomplishments
• Inform store management of problems with displays, product or safety issues
• Take photos and file reports as necessary to document work accomplishments
• Use supplied technology to record work, read emails, provide necessary information
• Maintain high level of product quality by culling inferior products within the parameters of the store’s corporate guidelines
• Move plant racks, plants, pallet jacks and store tables
• Clean garden center floors and display areas
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Must have reliable transportation and auto insurance with your name listed on the policy
• Must have ability and means to access and work with internet based applications to monitor merchandiser hours and activities
• Must live in or reasonably near the base city
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to read and maintain store plan-o-gram integrity
• Be able to communicate initiatives to store personnel
• Proficient on internet and spreadsheet software
• Acute attention to detail
• Strong organizational skills
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
• Must have a smart phone with a diagonal screen size of 4.5”, updated with the latest operating system from IOS and/or Android, and agree to have a mobile device management software installed on your device by the IT Department to load applications for the purpose of clocking in/out
• Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Ability to pull heavy vendor carts and lift and arrange product on carts and displays
• Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds continuously on multiple occasions
• Must be able to walk and stand for up to 8 hours
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work in an outdoor position handling live plants
Reports directly to Regional Manager
Compensation is based on experience and length of time with company.
You will receive $_________ per hour plus mileage between stores.
OFFER OF HEALTH INSURANCE:
All full-time employees will be offered coverage under the company health insurance plan with premium costs deducted from wages each bi-weekly pay period.
• One week of summer vacation in July (paid vacation available only after 90 days of employment. Employee cannot work every week in July and get paid for a week of vacation.)
• Two weeks of winter vacation - 12/23/2019 - 1/3/2020 (All TMs are off these 2 weeks whether it is paid or unpaid vacation time. Two weeks paid vacation available only after 180 days of employment. If employed less than 180 days, but more than 90 days, time off will still be two weeks but only one week will be paid.)
• If the employee has worked the entire 12 months prior to July 1 of 2020, they are eligible for a one-time bonus of $1,200 (pre-tax value). Bonus for any time less than the full 12 months will be determined on a sliding scale that weights greater value to the part of our season that is most important. Bonus will only be paid one time per year in the first paycheck of July 2020. The employee must be in good standing in July 2020 to be eligible for that bonus. The bonus will not be paid in part to any employee that parts ways with the company prior to July 2020.
• Sliding Bonus Scale
• Working Full-Time Team Manager status from 7/1/2019 to 7/1/2020 in good standing = $1,200
• Working Full-Time Team Manager status from 10/1/2019 to 7/1/2020 in good standing = $1,000
• Working Full-Time Team Manager status from 1/1/2020 to 7/1/2020 in good standing = $700
• Working Full-Time Team Manager status from 4/1/2020 to 7/1/2020 in good standing = $400
• No partial value for partial quarters worked.
• If an employee is out for an excused absence without pay for more than two weeks, it will be up to management to determine if the bonus is still available. Any unexcused absence or progressive discipline prior to July 2020 will be grounds for loss of bonus. If that is determined to be the case, the management will inform the employee at that time.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This is not a contract and does not guarantee work should the market or business environment change. At any time during the employment, Plant Kinetics reserves the right to release any employee within the guidelines set forth in the company’s employee handbook.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $12.50 per hour
• Dental insurance
• Flexible schedule
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Monday to Friday
• Bonus pay
We will supply masks and gloves if requested
• Multiple locations
• Key Leader
• Waiting period may apply
• Remote interview process
• Personal protective equipment provided or required
• Social distancing guidelines in place
• Virtual meetings