Travel Patient Care Tech
April 28, 2021
We currently have a client in Owensboro, KY looking for a Patient Care Technician!
Focus Staff is seeking a traveling Patient Care Technician who is highly motivated and energetic. Candidates must be willing to support a friendly, positive and professional environment.
If you are seeking a PCT position and would like to work with an agency that will listen to your needs and career goals, then Focus Staff is the right place to be. We are proud of our ability to build relationships with all our healthcare professionals, whether you are seeking Travel assignments, PRN work or Permanent Placed positions.
We are offering a very competitive package to the right licensed PCT candidate.
Most traveling healthcare providers enjoy the flexibility and the capability to travel and work in various settings and work environments.
Join our VIP team of Traveling Professionals! We are looking for a qualified Patient Care Technician (PCT) to provide daily assistance to patients. You will help them with their basic needs and collaborate with medical professionals to achieve excellent patient care.
A PCT is a committed and compassionate professional. They have great interpersonal skills and ability to create a supportive environment. We expect you to be trained in patient care as well as various clinical tasks.
Contract Assignment - 13 Weeks (Temporary)
Shift: 3x12 Days
• Keep patient rooms tidy and sanitized
• Assist patient with everyday needs (personal hygiene, using the restroom, grooming etc.)
• Monitor vital signs (temperature, pulse etc.) or EKG signals and patient condition
• Take fluid samples or other specimens for testing
• Assist nursing staff in administering basic treatments
• Perform basic nursing procedures (e.g. changing bandages)
• Ensure rooms have adequate patient care supplies
• Assist patients with particular issues or needs
• Provide appropriate emotional support
• Proven experience as patient care technician
• Trained in phlebotomy, vital signs measurement and dialysis treatment
• Excellent knowledge of patient assistance and care procedures
• Working knowledge of relevant equipment (catheters, needles atc.)
• Committed to health and safety standards
• Empathetic and approachable
• Successful completion of PCT training program with certification is required
• CPR certified