Assistant Manufacturing Department Manager I, 2nd shift
April 29, 2021
Pay Type Salaried State: KY City: Owensboro Area of Interest: Manufacturing Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt Requisition Number 1469 Job Title Assistant Manufacturing Department Manager I, 2nd shift Job Description
We're expanding! Swedish Match North America LLC, a manufacturer and marketer of well-known tobacco products, non-tobacco ZYN pouch products, as well as complementary products, is currently seeking an Assistant Manufacturing Department Manager I (2nd shift) for the Owensboro, KY facility.
• Provide assistance to Department Manager in all manufacturing processes and procedures.
• Analyze area of responsibility and make recommendations.
• Assist in directing, motivating and coordinating the activities of all assigned employees.
• Assist in oversite of production activities to identify any production or equipment issues.
• Maintain production clerical activities in production management software.
• Assist in training new personnel on existing production protocol, safety and plant equipment.
• Enforce company safety policies and procedures.
• Assist Production Manager in observing daily shift operations and report any new developments or concerns.
• Comply with Swedish Match policies and procedures.
• Assist in oversite of production qualify to ensure exceptional finished products.
• Regularly communicate with maintenance staff about repair and maintenance needs of equipment.
• Study and learn SPO/s required for Departmental Operation.
• Assist in SOP development/modification as needed.
• Learn and put into practice a complete and accurate knowledge of contractual obligations with the Union and conduct manufacturing operations with proper regard for Union relations and their impacts on business.
• Assist in Step #1 in the grievance process for the department.
• Manage the department independently as needed to cover vacancies.
Education: Minimum High School diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
Experience: Manufacturing process and/or packaging experience is preferred.
Skill/Knowledge: Ability to coordinate several different operations concurrently. Cooperate and coordinate with persons at all levels of management. Ability to practice effective supervision of a large number of hourly union employees. Understanding of the current labor contract as it specifically applies to employees under assigned area.
Other: Must be able to plan actions and establish priorities for activities and projects with a time frame. Must be able to supervise and take direct action as required to achieve company and department targets. Must be able to work 3:30pm - 12:00am (subject to change if coverage is needed during another time).
Benefits for New Hires:
Swedish Match offers competitive salaries, flexible benefits program, medical, dental, and vision, life insurance, paid bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, matching 401(k), paid vacation, 11 paid holidays...and more!
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet