Attendance Secretary - High School
April 27, 2021
JOB CLASS: 8776
TITLE: ATTENDANCE SECRETARY – HIGH SCHOOL
CLASSIFICATION: SECRETARY I – HIGH SCHOOL
REPORTS TO: School Principal
JOB GOAL: To record and maintain attendance records for Owensboro High School.
• High School Diploma or GED Certificate
• Ability to project good public image
• Outstanding human relations skills
• Proficient in typing
• Knowledge of computers and office machines
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• School office terminology, practices and procedures.
• Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
• Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
• District organization, operations, policies and objectives.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Telephone techniques and etiquette.
• Operation of standard office machines.
• Letter and report writing skills.
• Add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately.
• Understand and follow oral and written directions.
• Compose correspondence independently.
• Complete work with many interruptions.
• Work independently with little direction.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Learn, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Operate a variety of office machines including typewriter, calculator and copiers.
• Maintain good public relations with students, parents, teachers and the public.
• Meet schedules and time lines.
• Plan and organize work.
• Train and provide work direction to others.
• Compile and maintain accurate records, verify data and prepare reports.
• Work confidentially with discretion.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Maintain daily teacher attendance log and records of substitute teachers.
• Operate a variety of business and office machines including calculator, computer, copier, and communications equipment.
• Answer phones and greet visitors; take and relay messages; provide information to students, parents, faculty and site personnel; interpret, apply and explain District policies and school procedures and regulations.
• Demonstrate loyalty and dedication to the purposes and goals of the Owensboro Public Schools.
• Track attendance for teachers, staff and students
• Conference with students and parents
• Process withdrawal/entry of students
• Prepare and accurately maintain a variety of reports, records and files for the Director of Student Services and the state
• Send out and collect tuition contracts
• Assist receptionist with check in/outs
• Answer phone. Locate students for checkouts
• Secure substitutes and prepare substitute time sheets; assist substitute teachers and classified personnel
• Work with Aesop regarding substitute teachers
• Collect and report transportation data for students
• Computer data
• Learn/utilize Infinite Campus Program for tracking student data
• Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Principal
• Acts in accordance with the by-laws and policies as set forth by the Owensboro Board of Education, KRS and KAR, and applicable Federal laws and regulations.
Terms of Employment:
• Classified salary schedule
• Classified benefits package
• FSLA Statues-Non-Exempt
• 190 days per year
• 8 hours per day
• This position expires on:
Indoor, environmentally controlled. Typical office environment including but not limited to telephones, personal interruptions, background noises. Requires working with or near the public, parents, and children and will be subject to sounds, scents, and other related environmental factors. This position will require dealing with conflict and requires use of sound judgement.
Physical Demands: (example)
• Must be able to kneel and squat
• Must be able to bend at the waist, twist, and turn
• Standing and walking intermittently throughout a typical work day
• Lifting-up 20 lbs.
• Sitting for long periods of time
• Repetitive movement
Travel Requirements: (Frequency and Duration)
• Less than 10% out of district
• Daily as needed within district boundaries
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Certified Evaluation Plan. The evaluation will be conducted by the principal.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are require of the employee for this job. Location, duties, responsibilities may be altered to meet the needs of the district.
Contracts are with the district of Owensboro Public Schools-not with the individual locations. Location assignments are subject to change.
Equal Education and Employment Opportunities M/F/D
Primary Location Owensboro High School Salary Range Per Hour Shift Type Full Time