DSP (Direct Support Professional)
April 27, 2021
Join today and earn a $400 CARES bonus!* We are also offering a $100 voluntary COVID vaccination bonus!*
Help at Home is the nation’s leading provider of high-quality support services to seniors and people with disabilities. Our clients need us more than ever to continue living independently in their own homes, while staying safe from high-risk facilities.
Help at Home leads the home care industry in protecting our clients and caregivers. We provide priority vaccine access, a ready supply of quality PPE, and up-to-date training.
In addition to the CARES bonus and a voluntary COVID vaccination bonus, we are also currently offering multiple hiring bonuses totaling up to $300 – please ask for more details at your interview.
Our caregivers are essential service providers and we are proud to offer the following benefits:
• Cash incentives/hiring bonuses for new employees
• Flexible scheduling with either part-time or full-time hours
• Health care plan options with expanded medical coverage
• Free COVID testing and priority vaccine access
• Quarantine and Hazard pay for employees exposed to COVID on the job
• Paid time off and vacation time
• Paid travel time and mileage reimbursements
• Industry-leading training and development
• Strong career paths in a high-demand industry
• Compassionate, professional management teams
Join us today and become a Help at Home Hero!
A Direct Support Professional typically works in a private group home with 2-3 clients, and common activities include:
• In-Home Assistance – Help your clients with day-to-day activities like preparing meals, cleaning, dressing, laundry, grooming, medication, technology and other basic activities
• Companionship – Join your clients in playing games, arts and crafts, and accompanying them to events outside the home such as appointments and grocery shopping
• Community Building – Create a safe and positive living situation for your clients by communicating with the family and other staff about any concerns or challenges
In order to be eligible for this role, you should have:
• A HS Diploma or GED, OR must be at least 21 years old
• A valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation
• Recognition of the needs of others, and the ability to build relationships with people from different backgrounds
• Flexibility, adaptability, and willingness to spend evenings and weekends caring for your clients with dignity, patience, and compassion
• Dedication to professional development, including organizational and state-required training
Caregivers must comply with state background screening requirements. Compensation, benefits, time off and bonuses vary by state and location, so please ask for complete details at your interview. *CARES bonus eligibility is based on employment through May 2021 and will be paid out in June 2021. Caregivers who voluntarily get the COVID vaccine are eligible for a $100 bonus.
Entry Level Employment Type: Full-Time