CDL-A Dedicated Local Flex Driver-DTY- Guaranteed miles
April 24, 2021
Owensboro , KY 42302
Similar jobs pay $14.49 - $22.13
Refer friends, get paid!
Job Description Dedicated/supply chain drivers enjoy the many privileges that come with having consistent customers. Unlike some driver positions, this one gives you a better idea of the number of miles and hours each week holds, which means you'll have a better idea of what to expect in every paycheck. And because you know your customers and their typical freight load, you'll never be surprised or slowed down by unusual shipments. CDL-A Dedicated Truck Driver Benefits: * $5,000 sign-on bonus for qualified drivers through April 30, 2021! ($2,500 at 90 and 180 days)
* Competitive pay:
* Guaranteed 2,000 miles a week
* Starting pay .46 cpm
* Top pay .47 cpm reached within 12 months
* Stop pay is $19.50/ stop * This is a fill-in position and will sometimes have to cover an OTR route when another driver is on vacation
* Mainly Monday - Friday with some weekend work required
* Home daily
* Paid time off including 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
* Excellent insurance coverage that includes medical, prescription, dental, vision and hearing starting as low as $93.95/week for family plans and $36.95/week for individual plans
* Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
* Profit Sharing plan allows you to share in the rewards of our efforts, with a portion of our profits given back to you as monthly direct deposits into your retirement account
* Referral rewards - cash bonuses for referrals
* Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional truck driver jobs. Drivers can change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership
* PAID TRAINING! Recent trucking school grads or 4 months' verifiable experience in the past 3 years or 6 months' verifiable experience in the past 5 years or 5 years verifiable experience in the past 10 years
* We love our Veterans! See below for more information on our GI Bill Training Program. CDL-A Driver GI Bill Program: If you are eligible for GI Bill benefits, you can earn up to $1,140 per month tax free, using your available Post 9/11 GI Bill funds, PLUS your weekly Averitt paycheck, PLUS up to $4,800 tuition/transition bonus from Averitt (paid weekly)! We ARE NOT a truck driving school, you must have your CDL-A to join our team. * Must have previously served in the U.S. military or have a family member with Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits available. To check to see if you have available benefits, please call the V.A at 888-442-4551. It could take the V.A. approximately 90 days to determine eligibility.
* If you qualify for the Post 9/11 GI benefits, you are eligible to get up to 12 monthly payments from the V.A. while you receive on-the-job training.
* You will receive 6 weeks of behind-the-wheel training at $800/week. During the remaining 46 weeks you will work with a mentor and leadership for follow-up training and communication.
* Eligible Veterans will complete all required paperwork during orientation. Benefit checks are paid directly from the Department of Veteran Affairs - not Averitt - usually 4-6 weeks after training begins. Military Student Training Program: * Must have a valid CDL-A with Post 9/11 GI benefits available
* Must have graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the past 180 days OR have any tractor trailer experience in the past 10 years (recruiter will review eligibility; military driving experience considered) Ready to make a change? APPLY NOW to be an Averitt CDL-A Dedicated Truck Driver! Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.