April 21, 2021
Chugach Government Solutions
Chugach Government Solutions
Read what people are saying about working here.
Full Job Description ABOUT US:
With over 25 years of experience, Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) is a seasoned government contractor, providing a wide span of services to our federal customers. Our subsidiaries specialize in a wide variety of services to include, facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction and education. We set the standard for first-class business services in the global market, and we remain to make a difference for our shareholders.
CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve (12) original Alaska Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately held by Alaska Natives, our shareholders, and its stock is not publicly traded.
As a preferred employer in our industry, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, professional growth opportunities, and more!
The Maintenance Plumber assembles, installs, and repairs pipes, fittings, fixtures and equipment for potable water salt, water or drainage systems.
Essential Duties Job Functions
First Section Header (Primary Duty)
• Performs inspections, tests and repairs on plumbing fixtures, piping, water and waste water distribution and fire-suppression systems.
• Assembles, installs and repairs pipes, fittings and fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems, according to specifications and plumbing codes.
• Studies building plans and working drawings to determine work aids required and sequence of installations.
• Inspects structure to ascertain obstructions to be avoided to prevent weakening of structure resulting from installation of pipe.
• Cuts and threads pipe, using pipe cutters, cutting torch, and pipe threading machine and glue up, solder or braze joints.
• Tests and inspects systems for leaks, pressure and malfunction.
• Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures, such as sinks, commodes, bathtubs, water heaters, hot water tanks, garbage disposal units, dishwashers, and water softeners.
• Install, repair, test and inspect Back Flow Preventer Devices.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• The proper use of tools and equipment commonly used in the plumbing field.
• Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
• Timely and cost-effective performance of duties.
• Timely completion and accuracy of all departmental work.
• Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
• Adherence to established company safety policies and good industrial and office safety practices.
• Compliance with company Standard Operating Procedures and Personnel policies and procedures.
• Having the ability to work well under pressure.
• Knowledge of or willing to learn the following:
• Backflow prevention inspections to include testing and repairs
• Fire pumps, piping and hydrants
• Fire suppression systems, wet and dry
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
• Four years plumbing experience.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Experience working with backflow prevention inspection, testing and maintenance.
• Must be familiar with pumps, pressure controls, sewer and water mains, and sprinkler systems.
• Must have thorough knowledge in the installation and repair of various piping systems, fossil fuels and waste.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License.
• Must be able to interface with all levels of personnel in a multicultural team-oriented environment.
• The ability to obtain and maintain a Favorable National Agency Check w/Inquiries (NACI)
• Ability to successfully pass any employment background check and/or drug testing required on the contract.
• Able to pass a pre-employment physical and subsequent annual physical required to live and work at a remote location with limited medical facilities available.
• Willing to live and work on the remote island of Ascension with no family accommodations available.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a current US Passport
• U.S. Citizenship.
• Certified in the testing of backflow preventers.
• Experience in Wastewater treatment plant and lift station.
• Experience working with Fire Sprinkler systems inspections testing and maintenance.
• Current US Passport
• Previously held or currently hold a NACI or DoD Secret Clearance.
CGS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. Hiring preference will be given to Chugach shareholders, their spouses and descendants, Alaska Natives and American Indians in accordance with Public Law 93-638.