Anticipated - Curriculum Facilitator
April 22, 2021
JOB CLASS: 2210
JOB TITLE: CURRICULUM FACILITATOR
REPORTS TO: Principal
• Valid Kentucky Teacher Certificate
• Education Program Consultant Certification
• Demonstrates excellence in classroom instruction
• Demonstrates proficiency in digital learning
• Possesses broad understanding of instruction, curriculum and assessment
• A minimum of 5 years teaching experience, preferred
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Plan, organize, and implement an appropriate instructional program in a school learning environment that guides and encourages professional and instructional development for all staff to develop and fulfill their student’s potential for intellectual, emotional, and psychological growth.
• Best Practices in Instruction.
• Best Practices in Leadership.
• Assessment, Accountability, and Standards.
• Analyzing school/student data and making data-driven decisions.
• Facilitation of Professional Development/Training.
• Basic Computer Skills.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for understanding Kentucky Academic Standards and requirements including curriculum frameworks, and Accountability Testing guidelines.
• Responsible in conjunction with principal to write an accurate and meaningful plan, and monitor the plan to determine if goals and objectives are being
• Responsible for providing building level professional development activities that meet identified needs, apply directly to the improvement of teacher skills, and result in student achievement of academic expectations.
• Responsible for demonstrating and understanding how assessment should drive instruction to enable students to achieve, while at the same time, encouraging the creative abilities of teachers to challenge students with research-based teaching strategies and enriched instructional content.
• In conjunction with the principal, study and make recommendations to the chief academic officer in areas of student enrollment, instructional staffing needs, and building
• Maintain regular, predictable and punctual attendance during regularly scheduled work
• Assume responsibility of GT, RTI, ESS and other programs as direct by principal.
• Demonstrate loyalty and education to the purposes and goals of the Owensboro Public
• Establish and maintain cooperative relations and open lines of communication with colleagues, subordinates, students, parents, and community members concerning the academic goals of our district and school.
• Develop and maintain an environment conducive to effectively leading learning within the limits of the resources provided by the district.
• Coordinate with other district and school administrators to create a positive, safe and caring learning environment.
• Supervise and maintain the efficient and accurate maintenance of all required records and reports.
• Prepare for meetings and show written evidence of preparation upon request of the principal. Also, facilitate the coordination of the Professional Development and training in conjunction with the principal.
• Represents the school in the community effectively and in a positive manner.
• Demonstrate a desire to see all students learn and succeed.
• Implement the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
• Individually and cooperatively supervise pupils in and out of classroom activities during the assigned work day.
• Make provisions for being available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms through appropriate parent-teacher conferences.
• Provide for his/her own professional growth in accordance with state and federal
• Represent the school in the community effectively and in a positive manner while upholding and enforcing district and school rules, administrative regulations and Board policies.
• Meet the standards and indicators set forth in the Certified Personnel Evaluations Plan.
• Adhere to the requirements of any district or school employee handbook, Owensboro Board of Education policies and all applicable laws and regulations.
• Perform all functions and assume other responsibilities deemed necessary by the Superintendent, Chief Academic Officer and the Principal
• Abide by the Professional Code of Ethics for Kentucky Certified School Personnel.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Demonstrate a positive attitude and act as a positive role model.
Indoor, environmentally controlled. Typical office environment including but not limited to telephones, personal interruptions, background noises. May require working with or near the public, parents, and children and will be subject to sounds, scents, and other related environmental factors. This position will require dealing with conflict and requires use of sound judgement.
Physical Demands: (example)
• Light lifting
• Sitting for long periods of time
• Hand and finger dexterity
• Repetitive movement
• Standing and walking intermittently throughout a typical work day
Travel Requirements: (Frequency and Duration)
• Less than 10% out of district
• Daily as needed within district boundaries
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Certified Evaluation Plan. The evaluation will be conducted by the Principal.
• Employment to begin:
• Certified salary schedule
• Contract for 202 days
• Certified Benefits
• Exempt Status
• This posting expires on:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, and responsibilities may be altered to meet the needs of the district.
Contracts are with the district of Owensboro Public Schools-not with the individual locations. Location assignments are subject to change.
Equal Education and Employment Opportunities M/F/D
Primary Location Foust Elementary School Salary Range Per Year Shift Type Full Time