Assistant Boys Basketball Coach OMS
April 21, 2021
JOB CLASS: 8658 TITLE : ASSISTANT BASKETBALL COACH
REPORTS TO : District Athletic Director/Principal
JOB GOAL : To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
• All applicants are required to be in compliance of KHSAA bylaws #25, completed a minimum of 64 semester hours of college credit.
• Demonstrated interest in and aptitude for performing the tasks listed.
• Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Helps coach individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
• Helps plan and schedule a regular program of practice in season.
• Works closely with the athletics director and head coach in scheduling intramural and interscholastic contests.
• Helps recommend purchase of equipment, supplies and uniforms, as appropriate.
• Helps maintain necessary attendance forms, insurance records and similar paperwork.
• Helps oversee the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times that students are present.
• Helps establishes performance criteria for eligibility in interscholastic competition in his sport.
• Helps enforce disciplined and sportsmanlike behavior at all times and helps establish and oversee penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
• Reports to athletic director and head coach
• Helps supervise the cleaning, storage and care of all athletic equipment.
• Conducts himself in a sportsmanlike manner at all time.
• Cooperates with other staff members at all time.
• Cooperation between high schools over playing fields and facilities.
• Helps supervise fitting of equipment.
• Helps make all necessary arrangements for safe equipment.
• Performs such other duties and assumes such other responsibilities as the principal and athletic director or head coach may from time to time assign.
• Existing and new paraprofessionals who provide instructional services or support in programs supported by Title I funds shall satisfy educational requirements specified by federal law.
• Acts in accordance with the by-laws and policies as set forth by the Owensboro Board of Education, KRS and KAR, and applicable Federal laws and regulations.
• Demonstrates loyalty and dedication to the purposes and goals of the Owensboro Public Schools.
Primary Location Owensboro Middle School North Salary Range Increment Shift Type Full Time