Customer Service Engineer
April 22, 2021
KLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and in 2019 we invested 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world’s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow’s electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Engineering, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
The Field Operations team is our North American based, customer facing organization consisting of Sales, Marketing, Applications, and Service team. They partner closely with our customers to provide a comprehensive portfolio of KLA products, software and service expertise, to help them manage yield throughout their fabrication process.
Responsibilities of this team include maintaining strategic client relationships, identifying and closing sales opportunities, ensuring our products meet performance capabilities & expectations, providing critical solutions for improved yield performance. The dynamic partnership between the field team and factory divisions, helps ensure alignment between customer needs and corporate offering to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
Primarily responsible for service activity on Metrology Bright Field or Dark Field (23/29xx,91/95xx) equipment. Service activities include modifying, troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing of highly complex capital equipment at customer premises.
• Represent the company to the customer and assume accountability for customer satisfaction with service performance
• Assure optimum quality of system equipment
• Coordinate actions with customers to maximize production time
• Evaluate, analyze, diagnose and troubleshoot technical equipment problems
• Repair and modify equipment at customer facility
• Repair some board level problems using standard procedures, as well as system level failures which can have multiple causes and no standard procedures exist (i.e. creative troubleshooting)
• Repair of system level problems based on CSE's technical knowledge, education and training
• Provide guidance and technical assistance to other CSE's, Installation and/or Upgrade Engineer on work at customer premise on installing/dismantling demonstration machines.
• Up to 20% travel in North America to other customer facilities
• Conduct customer orientation on all aspects of equipment user applications
• Cross train and assist other field service engineers as appropriate
• Prepare/Document reports on support activity to customers
• Provide timely billing invoice to customer for service activity
Bachelor's Level Degree or work experience of 3 years
Or equivalent combination of experience + education
We offer a competitive, family friendly total rewards package. We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive environment, while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
Job Type: Full time