Collateral Team Lead
April 21, 2021
Collateral Team Lead
Category Post Closing/Collateral
Position Type Regular Location Carrollton, Texas Location : Address 1800 Golden Trail Court
The Collateral Team Lead position oversees the day-to-day activities of the collateral team with a hands-on approach. Serves as a resource to team members regarding questions on the review and delivery of collateral packages to the warehouse banks and investors within the required timeframes.
Essential Job Functions:
• Works closely with department manager to maintain daily workflow and resolve loan discrepancies and issues
• Trains new hires and provides ongoing training to team members
• Reviews reports from warehouse banks, investors, mortgage insurance companies, and MERS to identify trends or errors; research or reconcile with appropriate follow up action
• Tracks team errors and provide feedback to department manager
• Oversees MI activations to ensure that certificates are activated within required timeframes
• Oversees all process functions within MERS
Non-essential job functions:
• Leads proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
• Adopts Fairway values in personal work behaviors, decision making, contributions and interpersonal interactions
• Leads a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to reward performance and value "can do" people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun
• Performs other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Solid knowledge and understanding of organizing people, tasks, and activities to yield efficient work flow
• Solid knowledge and understanding of mortgage loan documents and related required documentation
• Solid knowledge and understanding of customer service best practices
Required Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalency degree or the equivalent in education and experience required
• 3+ years of mortgage experience, in closing, shipping, or post closing preferred
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• Demonstrated experience effectively managing relationships with internal and external partners
• Demonstrated experience with attention to detail, written and oral communication, organization, multi-tasking, and working in a team atmosphere adhering to tight deadlines
• Demonstrated experience working in a fast paced and changing environment
• Demonstrated experience in analytical, critical thinking, and research techniques
• Demonstrated experience with MS Office software products including 10 key
• This position is primarily an in office position
• Normal office environment
• Requires the ability to lift and move files up to 25 lbs.
• Local travel may be required for company or career-related meetings, programs, and/or events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply for this job online Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
More About Fairway:
At Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation, we're dedicated to providing an AMAZING EXPERIENCE for YOU every day.
Founded in April 1996, Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation employs over 9,000 employees nationwide. With a strong focus on purchase business, we continue to grow each year, closing approximately $65 billion in 2020. We are proud to be voted the #1 Best Mortgage Company to Work for 6 years in a row by Mortgage Executive Magazine based on Loan Officer votes.
Whether you’re looking to advance your career as a mortgage professional in our branch network or in a corporate support role, we offer a variety of opportunities to help you grow personally and professionally!
To view your rights as an employee in the United States, please view the following: https://mandatoryview.com
NOTE: Please do not submit a job application if you are a current employee with Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation. You will need to apply through the internal career site located on the HR intranet page.
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS