Distribution Center Manager
April 21, 2021
Distribution Center Manager
Job Locations US-TX-Grand Prairie
Category Procurement/Logistics Position Type Regular Full-Time Company Tyler Union
Plan, direct, or coordinate the storage or distribution operations within an organization or the activities of organizations that are engaged in storing or distributing materials or products.
McWane is a Federal VEVRAA contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status (In IL - sex, including same sex, ancestry, order of protection status, physical or mental disability, military status, pregnancy, unfavorable discharge status, genetic information), (In IA - gender identity), (In CA - gender identity or expression, and genetic information) or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
• Follow all processes and procedures associated with the Tyler Union Safety Management Program. Advise Safety personnel of any deviations from this program.
• Prepare and manage departmental budgets.
• Assume responsibility for the physical inventory accuracy of the warehouse.
• Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, testing, and shipping products or materials.
• Plan, develop, or implement warehouse safety and security programs and activities.
• Assume responsibility for all site level EHS activities.
• Prepare or direct preparation of correspondence, reports, and operations, maintenance, and safety manuals.
• Issue shipping instructions and provide routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
• Confer with department managers to coordinate warehouse activities, such as production, sales, records control, or purchasing.
• Review invoices, work orders, consumption reports, or demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments.
• Inspect physical conditions of warehouses, vehicle fleets, or equipment and order testing, maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
• Schedule or monitor air or surface pickup, delivery, or distribution of products or materials.
• Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
Directly supervise employees in the warehouse. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred. Three (3) to five (5) years of work-related experience, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training required. Equivalent combination of education and experience required. Prior experience with an ERP system preferred.
• Knowledge required to perform this job include administration and management; transportation; personnel and human resources; mathematics; customer and personal service; production and processing.
• Skills required to perform this job include speaking; active listening; coordination; critical thinking; monitoring; complex problem solving; management of personnel resources; reading comprehension; writing; and social perceptiveness.
• Abilities required to perform this job include oral comprehension; oral expression; written comprehension; speech clarity; problem sensitivity; speech recognition; written expression; near vision; deductive reasoning; and inductive reasoning.
• Work activities required to perform this job include communicating with supervisors, peer, or subordinates; getting information; coordinating the work and activities of others; establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships; making decisions and solving problems; guiding, directing, and motivating subordinates; organizing, planning, and prioritizing work; interacting with computers; monitoring and controlling resources; and developing and building teams.
• The physical requirements required to perform this job include moderate lifting/carrying of 20 – 50 pounds; overhead or above shoulder reaching; bending at the waist occasionally; pushing/pulling a maximum of 30 pounds un-wheeled; twisting torso at the waist; use of fingers and both hands; ability to grasp medium with right/left hands; ability to flex/extend right/left hands; ability to do repetitive work with hands; ability to exert medium arm/hand force with right/left hands; ability to wear gloves on right/left hands; ability to use tools with right/left hands; ability to write; maximum standing of one hour per day; maximum sitting of five hours per day; maximum walking of two hours per day; kneeling; squatting; climbing using arms and legs; moving neck forward/back and turning right/left; ability to work in a wide temperature range; ability to work in high humidity; ability to work inside/outside; ability to work with solvents or chemicals, such as casting coating and fuels; ability to work around moving machinery; and ability to operate a crane, truck, forklift, or other moving vehicles.
Apply for this job online Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS