Kitchen Manager / Cook - La Petite Academy of North Fort Worth
April 21, 2021
Are you ready to be a difference maker? Learning Care Group is a community of collaborative, bold, fun, dedicated individuals. Here, you’ll find a dynamic environment and culture that is inclusive and collaborative. As early education leaders, we’re making a strong, lasting, positive impact on children every day. Their future begins now. And so does yours.
La Petite Academy is hiring a Cook for our childcare center!
We are located in Fort Worth on Basswood Blvd.
Join our talented team, where we inspire children to be lifelong learners! Through our play based curriculum, our affectionate and loving staff ensures that our children are imparted with the knowledge to succeed.
The Food Specialist is responsible for overall food preparation for the School’s enrolled children. May be responsible for the oversight of a group of children and be responsible for their health and safety. Must be adaptable to menu changes and be able to meet meal and snack schedules. Ensures safe food preparations and proper sanitation methods are used and maintains a safe kitchen/pantry area.
• Create home-style, nutritional meal plans in the boundaries of their school's menu and budget, as well as state and federal requirements.
• Prepare meals/snacks for children and staff. Distribute food to the classrooms following appropriate health and safety guidelines, and policies.
• Follow the daily menu provided by the Director which incorporates, USDA, licensing and/or health department regulations.
• Maintain inventory of food and supplies and order more when needed.
• Assists in classrooms as needed as an Assistant Teacher/Floater.
• Are caring, compassionate and love what they do
• Work experience in cooking and/or food preparation for multiple individuals, preferably in a childcare facility
• CACFP experience preferred
• An understanding of all current state and local regulations
• Flexibility as to the hours and schedule of work
• A High School diploma or equivalent
• Must be at least 18 years of age
We know our best asset is our people! So we’ve made a commitment to ensure you feel valued, with a robust, comprehensive offering that is competitive and exceeds your expectations. That means market-relevant compensation, a targeted range of health and wellness benefits (including life insurance, dental, vision, as well as medical for full-time positions), and retirement planning, with a 401k match. We recognize your potential, encourage your talent, and support your growth with ongoing training and development. We also offer tuition reimbursement, assistance with your CDA (worth college credit toward an Early Childhood degree), and our exclusive Master Teacher program to enhance your skills—and increase your pay. Don’t wait. Start strong today.
Employment Type: Part-Time