Senior Financial Analyst, Sort Center
April 21, 2021
DESCRIPTION This role will be supporting a nationwide business unit and could support from a few different locations. Potential locations for this role include, but are not limited to:
· Nashville, TN
· Bellevue or Seattle, WA
· Dallas, TX
· Various locations in California
Who we are: Amazon’s sortation centers are the backbone of the middle mile, enabling 1-day delivery for Prime members and delivery 7 days a week for customers. At sort centers, we are focused on improving delivery quality and speed while enabling flexibility and cost savings in the transportation network. Since launching in 2013, Amazon has invested in sort centers to move quickly in order to scale operations with a focus on continuous improvement and benchmarking to drive best in class results. And we are not done yet… sort centers will continue expanding in the years to come and finance will be a critical part of that expansion.
Career Opportunities: This is an exciting opportunity to partner cross-functionally to ensure informed decision making, innovation and sustainability in processes for a growing network. Experience on this team opens up varying career opportunities across Amazon such as transitions to other business lines, project management roles, and/or management opportunities locally, regionally, and globally.
Team Exposure: This role is part of a new team to centralize key functions for the North American Sort Center field finance team. This role partners closely with a broad range of leaders across Operations, HR, Capacity Planning, FP&A and Field Finance. The role focuses on supporting key financial planning and review cycles and identifying continuous improvement opportunities across internal and external stakeholders to define, design and maintain performance measurements, reporting and reviews. A typical day in this role provides an opportunity to own financial processes such as weekly and monthly financial reviews and quarterly budget cycles, identify high priority projects to improve results and drive cost reductions with stakeholders, create new measures for business effectiveness, and enhance and scale existing tools and processes based on business needs.
Success in this role: A successful candidate effectively communicates information to a wide array of stakeholders, manages complex processes effectively, influences business partners, provides sound and thoughtful decision-making, and manages competing priorities in a quickly changing environment. The candidate should demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills as direct interaction with leadership is common.
· Use solid financial knowledge and business acumen to build financial models, interpret data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations that deliver results, drive improvements, and influence leaders throughout Amazon. These decisions can have global impact.
· Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems and advanced MSExcel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
· Creates effective business partnerships, manages competing priorities, and provides guidance based on data analysis during unexpected events Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
· Collects and analyzes quantitative data to develop relevant reports that drive cost reductions.
· Participates in hiring, developing, and mentoring peers and team members. Seeks and leverages diverse perspectives in all activities.
· Identifies opportunities to resolve defects proactively. Improves, scales, or simplifies finance tools across teams and organizations.
· Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
· Up to 25% travel may be required
· May need to work virtually until corporate guidance changes
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS · BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent.
· Minimum 5+ years of finance experience, or master’s degree and three years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS · Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
· MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
· Previous experience in a Manufacturing, Distribution Center or Logistics processes and systems a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.