Applications Infrastructure Engineer
April 21, 2021
Pay Type Salaried State: IL City: Bedford Area of Interest: Technology Full-Time or Part-Time: Full-time Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt Job Description JOB SUMMARY:
This position provides technical design, development and administration in the enterprise application infrastructure. Also, has responsibility for participating on teams in a matrix organization to develop a comprehensive Application Infrastructure strategy.
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage WebLogic Server and WebLogic Server domain directory structures, create new domains using Configuration Wizard, and manage domain and server configurations using the Administration Console.
2. Administer WebLogic Services including JDBC (Java Database Connectivity) connection pools and multi-pools, JMS (Java Messaging Services) servers, stores, and destinations, manage users and passwords, and secure connections.
3. Build, deploy, and update web applications, enterprise applications, and EJB (Enterprise Java Beans) components.
4. Participate in IT Application Architecture meetings and promote/support IT Governance.
5. Serve as experienced contact for the WebLogic Application product line, set enterprise infrastructure design standards, ensure web infrastructure capacity planning, and prepare infrastructure model for transformation and migration at the enterprise level.
6. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
7. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
8. Demonstrate Company’s Core Competencies and values held within.
9. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Please note due to the exposure of PHI sensitive data – this role is considered to be a High Risk Role.
The incumbent works independently, makes independent decisions with respect to completing projects and mission critical activities. The incumbent is responsible for support and maintenance of the set architecture and provides input to architectural planning and implementation. Requirements JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, and Training):
• Minimum Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, or related field, or HS Diploma and 4 years of related experience
• Minimum 5 years progressively responsible experience developing and implementing complex enterprise systems, including use of J2EE technologies, such as Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), Java Server Pages (JSP), Java Servlet, Remote Method Invocation (RMI), and Java Messaging Services (JMS). Experience should also include:
o Minimum 2 years architecting enterprise applications on UNIX platforms (Red Hat Linux, Solaris)
o Minimum 3 years’ experience in designing enterprise J2EE applications with emphasis in distributed object technology with WebLogic
o Minimum 3 years’ experience using WebLogic 8.1, 9.2, 10.0 or 11g, including implementing 11g.
o Expertise with UNIX operating systems, (Red Hat Linux, Solaris) and technical support of development/production environments including server tuning, kernel setting, and optimization
o Minimum 3 years monitoring of queues, JVM performance, connection pools, transactions, JMS destinations, EJB’s, and tune settings to improve server and application performance
• Required licensures, professional certifications, and/or Board certifications as applicable
• Knowledge of project management and change management methodologies
• Knowledge of WebLogic, Portal, and Commerce frameworks desirable
• Knowledge of ITIL best practices desirable
• Knowledge of application design considerations for fault tolerance and high-availability business solutions
• Knowledge and expertise with UNIX operating systems (Red Hat Linux, Solaris) and technical support of development/production environments including server tuning, kernel setting, and optimization
• Troubleshooting, collaboration, communication (written, verbal and listening), presentation, training, and organization skills
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts effectively using understandable, concise and unambiguous language
• Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with senior management and project teams
• Ability to use hardware, software, and peripherals related to job responsibilities, including MS Office
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company will provide equal consideration to all employees and job candidates without regard to sex, age, race, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.