Finance Business Partner - Clinical Supply Solutions
April 21, 2021
When you’re the best, we’re the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance now and in the future.
In this role, you will serve as the senior financial leader for Vizient’s business units and will work as an internal consultant within the company to deliver results by driving accountability. You will support Business Unit leaders with the development of strategic recommendations based on a broad analysis of operational and product performance, industry dynamics, macro-economic trends, and competitor landscape. You will set direction, financial strategy, projections, and growth plans for the business unit while serving as the liaison between the business unit and other corporate functions including FP&A, accounting, corporate strategy, sales, and marketing. This role supports and works closely with the senior leader of the Clinical Supply Solutions Business Unit.
• Lead strategy discussions and projects with senior leadership to understand and influence the direction setting of the company or relevant business unit.
• Play a key role in target-setting exercises with the leadership team and ensure that both short- and long-term strategic financial priorities are met.
• Partner with senior leadership to facilitate capital allocation decisions and develop business cases to assess new investments, support negotiations, and strategy formulation.
• Lead workshops with functional leaders to create action plans on how to succeed with the strategy.
• Connect strategy with execution, driving major strategic or tactical initiatives such as cost savings or revenue optimization projects.
• Participate in financial business decision-making as part of the leadership team, contributing to discussions and decisions rather than observing.
• Facilitate performance management of agreed-upon actions to ensure that each action can be measured on a concrete outcome be it growth, savings, etc.
• Communicate performance throughout the organization to ensure one set of numbers rather than each function and management team making their own assumptions.
• Work across business units and departments to build close relationships and to provide real and active partnerships with both operations and management.
• Share best practices across the company, business units, and functions.
• Support mergers & acquisition diligence.
• Relevant degree preferred in Finance, Accounting, Economics; Advanced degree in Business desired.
• 10 or more years of experience as a finance business partner, analyst, or related role required.
• Experience providing regular feedback to executive leadership and resolving performance issues.
• Relevant industry or management consulting experience is a plus.
• Experience in Capital and/or Investment Banking is a plus.
• Excellent financial, accounting, and analytical acumen
• Forward-thinking and takes a strategic view regarding the business.
• Demonstrated success connecting and building strong relationships and working with partners across business units and markets in support of cross-functional programs.
• Demonstrate emotional intelligence and conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills required to effectively communicate complex financial concepts.
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced and collaborative team that is responsive and results-oriented.
• Willingness to travel.
Estimated Hiring Range:
$131,300.00 - $195,400.00
This position is also incentive eligible.
Vizient has a comprehensive benefits plan! Please view our benefits here:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full time