Dock Worker (Part-Time)
April 5, 2021
Company Estes Express Lines
Posting Title Dock worker- Part Time
Auto req ID 27475BR
Estes Facility Owensboro KY
Job Summary Join Estes Today for a Rewarding Career at our Owensboro KY location!
As a leading LTL freight carrier who has been in business since 1931, Estes Express Lines takes great pride in our highly qualified dock teams at our terminals across the network. Our Dock Workers use well maintained equipment to safely move freight in and out of the dock, across multiple shifts within a fast-paced environment and within various weather conditions. This position is a vital role in the distribution of freight to our customers. Estes Dock Workers are paid competitive rates with opportunities for career advancement into our internal driver trainee program or management positions. If you are looking for a rewarding and challenging career with opportunity for career growth, Estes is the place for you.
• Properly load and unload freight using a forklift, pallet jack, hand truck or by hand
• Strap, brace and pad freight to prevent damage or shifting
• Responsible for accurately recording the condition of freight as it arrives at the terminal
• Perform pre-shift and post-shift inspection of dock equipment
• Regular attendance is required.
• This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all mental and physical capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances. Operational, safety and other needs may require the employee to perform any and all other duties as assigned. Employees are expected, and must be able to perform all such duties and tasks.
Qualifications • High School Diploma or General Educational Degree (GED), or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
• 18+ years of age
• Experience in the transportation industry preferred
• Stable employment history preferred
• Prior operation of a forklift or previous forklift certification preferred
• Must be able to push or pull a loaded pallet jack and/or hand truck with a minimum load of 70 lbs.
• Physical activities include: standing, walking, lifting, twisting, turning, etc.
• Must have the ability to work all shifts, including overtime and weekends; must be dependable
• Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs., or more if required by the essential functions of the job
• Must be able to comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct
• Must be able to interact well with others
• Must be able to work independently, or in a team setting
• Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities
• Responds well to questions; Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, random drug and/or alcohol tests, and will be subject to a criminal history background check
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to lift and/or move a minimum of 70 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to lift, twist, turn, and may climb. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and climb or balance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee may be required to work in high/precarious places, with hazardous materials, and in various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to loud as required by the essential functions of the job.
Equal Employment Opportunity EOE, including disability/vets
Employment Type Part-Time
Job Category General Labor
Organization Level Field