March 31, 2021
Chugach Government Solutions
Chugach Government Solutions
Read what people are saying about working here.
Full Job Description ABOUT US:
With over 25 years of experience, Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) is a seasoned government contractor, providing a wide span of services to our federal customers. Our subsidiaries specialize in a wide variety of services to include, facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction and education. We set the standard for first-class business services in the global market, and we remain to make a difference for our shareholders.
CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve (12) original Alaska Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately held by Alaska Natives, our shareholders, and its stock is not publicly traded.
As a preferred employer in our industry, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, professional growth opportunities, and more!
Under direction of the Station Manager, the Utilities Supervisor is responsible for 24-hour operations and maintenance of the Power, Waste Water Treatment and R/O Plants.
Some examples may include:
• The purpose of the position.
• The importance of the position.
• The processes this position supports.
• The main challenges this position may face.
• Describe where this position fits in the hierarchy and structure of the organization.
Essential Duties Job Functions
• Supervises and directs work schedules for all Powerhouse, Waste water and R/O personnel.
• Responds to work orders, needed repairs and maintenance of the Powerhouse, Waste Water Plant, R/O Plant and assists with the Utility distribution services, oversees the work of employees and subcontractors who are performing service work.
• Must have knowledge of 15kv switchgear. troubleshooting and repair
• Maintenance experience on Caterpillar 3600 distillate fuel engines
• Able to create maintenance programs and establish critical spare lists for all equipment
• Tracks work status and completion and coordinates pass down of work orders and preventative maintenance work to shifts as well coordinating with various departments.
• Makes recommendations as to the hiring, firing, advancement, promotion or any other status change of personnel.
• Prepares and presents weekly/monthly Technical Progress Reports as required.
• Inspects and diagnoses problems to determine corrective actions.
• Advises Station Manager of major problems and recommend corrective action.
• Conducts random inspections to review work while in progress.Ensures procedures are being followed while making certain highest level of quality standards are met.
• Reviews completed site work to verify compliance in accordance with applicable plans, procedures and all governing codes.
• Interfaces with external and internal customers as required maximizing productivity and minimizing lost time.
• Maintains adequate levels of tools, equipment, and other maintenance supplies.
• Processes departmental timesheets and submits them in a timely manner for review by the Station Manager.
• Responds to emergency site and utility maintenance as required.
• Confers with and advised other management personnel regarding maintenance projects and priorities.
• Supports other department staff as needed or directed.
• Coordinates with other trade and warehouse personnel in the identification of proper and correct materials, parts assemblies and requirements for a variety of requisitions necessary for the job/task.
• Keeps the Site Manager appraised of unique situations and problems encountered.
• Completes all PMs and repair projects on time and on budget.
• Ability to operate Government or Chugach-owned motor vehicles and/or other equipment.
• Assists and supports other departments, staff and/or trade groups as needed or directed.
• Adheres to the established Chugach safety and personnel policies and standard operating procedures.
• Performs other related work as required or assigned.
• Timely and cost-effective performance of duties.
• Adherence to all safety, environmental and health rules and regulations.
• Harmoniously working with other Chugach employees and customers.
• Working with the Supervisors and Operators to outline work to be done, after which incumbent is expected to work independently.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
• High school graduate or equivalent GED.
• Ten (10) years’ experience in operations and maintenance of Power Plant.
• Extensive knowledge of applicable codes and standards.
• Computer knowledge, especially in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Mature judgment and ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Valid US Passport with an expiration date of at least 6 months past date of hire.
• Ability to pass background and drug screen.
• Ability to pass a medical screening to live and work on the remote location of Ascension Island with limited medical facilities available.
• The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance at the Secret level (which requires US Citizenship.)
• Ability to successfully pass any employment background check and/or drug testing required on the contract.
• Must be willing to live and work on the remote island of Ascension with no family accommodations available.
• Fifteen (15) to twenty (20) years’ in operations for Power, Water production and waste water treatment plants.
• Five (5) years’ experience in a leadership or supervisory capacity.
• Extensive knowledge of Power and Water production.
• Extensive knowledge of waste water treatment plants
• State 1st Class Engineers License.
• Understanding of Government contracts, correspondence, reports and records.
• Presentational skills and/or public speaking ability.
• Engineering degree
• Licensed Electrical Journeyman
• Must be able to climb on a ladder
CGS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. Hiring preference will be given to Chugach shareholders, their spouses and descendants, Alaska Natives and American Indians in accordance with Public Law 93-638.