QCS Resident Service Technician
April 1, 2021
Hawesville , Kentucky , USA
Job type Full-Time Contract Regular/Permanent
Service and Maintenance
Professionals ( > 2 years of work experience)
• Retirement plan
• Life insurance
• Medical insurance
• Disability insurance
• Wellbeing program
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The ABB's Process Industries team engineers and delivers automation solutions from device to monitoring and control, ensuring our customers get the most out of their investment. Our digitalization solutions help improve plant and enterprise productivity, while reducing maintenance and energy costs. Deep domain knowledge enables us to truly understand and address the challenges and opportunities of Industrial Automation.
Manufacturing at ABB ranges from assembly of customized industrial robots to advanced production of electrical switches and breakers. The innovative products we make, drive the world’s largest ships, connect remote renewable power sources with consumers, and automate complex industrial processes.
The role reports to the IAPI Service Midwest Region Operations Manager and is located in Hawesville, Kentucky. As a Quality Control System (QCS) Resident Service Technician, you will be responsible for supporting the full lifecycle of ABB pulp-and-paper quality control products at ABB customer facilities under general supervision. This includes performing preventive and corrective maintenance, testing and troubleshooting of proprietary ABB hardware and software, as well as assisting with any projects, upgrades, new installations, and advanced services for the technician’s assigned customer or region. This individual will be required to work independently or as part of a small site team to provide service for customers of ABB pulp-and-paper quality control solutions.
• Maintain ABB’s suite of quality control hardware and software. This includes but is not limited to; cleaning debris from sensors, troubleshooting electrical and mechanical issues with the frame and sensor package, troubleshooting the computer system and HMI/control software, and maintaining the working state of the entire ABB quality control solution at site. Handle customer questions about the state of the ABB system.
• Handle customer service-related issues while fostering the customer relationship and working to solve technical problems on-site. Deal directly with, and communicate effectively with plant operators, plant management, 3rd party vendors, and other ABB personnel in support of service operations.
• On call for 24-hour emergency support service requests. Team rotation in most areas.
• Troubleshoot and repair equipment applying own technical knowledge and experience to resolve problems. Training on ABB products and services will be provided; however, a basic understanding of electrical theory and electrical safety is required in order for the training to be beneficial.
• Accurately document the work that is performed at a customer facility and/or project staging area. Professionally document work completed on periodic preventive maintenance as well as intermittent corrective maintenance tasks.
• When required, play an active role in various projects such as upgrades, new installations, or new functionality for customers. Coordinate work with other groups to ensure meeting commitments.
• Depending on the service requirements for a particular customer or region, this position may require travel and/or relocation.
• Associates Degree in related field and 2 years of electrical/electronics, instrumentation or process control related work experience.
• Military electronics programs may be considered equivalent to this typical qualification. Experience or a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments will be considered.
• Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
• Candidates must know how to use electrical test equipment such as voltmeters or multi-meters safely.
• Mechanical aptitude is preferred.
• Candidates must be comfortable using basic hand tools.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com .
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm . http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Reference Number US78225839_E1 Publication date 2021-04-01
Data Privacy statement
Recruitment fraud warning
Diversity and Inclusiveness statement