CLINICAL PHARMACY SPECIALIST ( KY)
April 2, 2021
Maceo , KY 42355
Similar jobs pay $8.95 - $12.45
Refer friends, get paid!
Job Description Summary Job SummaryProvides specialized clinical pharmacy services to patients in designated specialty patient care areas and coordinates these services with other healthcare practitioners and educators. Coordinates the activities of clinical pharmacists and Doctor of Pharmacy students assigned to the specialty area.Job Responsibilities
• Manages drug therapy protocols as a part of an interdisciplinary team.
• Reviews, interprets, and evaluates medication orders to identify, prevent, and resolve potential or actual drug related problems.
• Provides drug information and education to medical staff and patients.
• Documents interventions and their outcomes for use in drug therapy quality improvement efforts.Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Pharmacy required upon hire
• A minimum of 2 years' experience in a Hospital Pharmacy setting and completion of an ASHP-accredited PGY1 residency, or a minimum of 5 years' experience in a Hospital Pharmacy setting and Board Certification in a Pharmaceutical Specialty required
• R.Ph. - Licensed as a Pharmacist in the state of Kentucky required upon hireSkills and Attributes
• Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
• Works under minimal supervision.
• Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.Physical Demands
• Standing: Frequently
• Walking: Frequently
• Sitting: Occasionally
• Lifting 0-25 lbs: Rarely
• Lifting 25-75 lbs: Rarely
• Lifting over 75 lbs: Rarely
• Carrying 0-25 lbs: Rarely
• Carrying 25-75 lbs: Rarely
• Carrying over 75 lbs: Rarely
• Pushing/Pulling 0-25 lbs: Frequently
• Pushing/Pulling 25-75 lbs: Occasionally
• Pushing/Pulling over 75 lbs: Occasionally
• Climbing: Occasionally
• Bending/Stooping: Frequently
• Kneeling: Occasionally
• Crouching/Crawling: Occasionally
• Reaching: Frequently
• Talking: Frequently
• Hearing: Frequently
• Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements: Rarely
• Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements: Frequently
• Keyboard Data Entry: Frequently
• Running: Rarely
• Vision: Depth Perception: Frequently
• Vision: Distinguish Color: Frequently
• Vision: Seeing Far: Frequently
• Vision: Seeing Near: FrequentlyOwensboro Health Core CommitmentsINTEGRITY - We conduct ourselves with a high level of responsibility, reliability and honesty because we take seriously the trust of our patients and coworkers.RESPECT - We value and accept the unique talents and contributions of every patient, customer and team member in the Owensboro Health community.TEAMWORK - We build a spirit of connectivity and fellowship by striving together to overcome obstacles, surpass goals, celebrate accomplishments and plan the future.INNOVATION - We foster original ideas and creative solutions that improve our daily work and promote the mission of Owensboro Health.SERVICE - We focus on service to patients, customers and team members by anticipating their needs, thoughtfully meeting those needs and continually improving the quality of everything we do.EXCELLENCE - We reach beyond basic expectations to expand our knowledge and awareness, produce exceptional work and provide outstanding service. Associated topics: clinical, dietetic, dietician, healthcare, immuno oncology, immunoassay, pharmacy, therapy, toxicologist, virus