INFORMATION RELEASE SPECIALIST ( KY)
April 2, 2021
Owensboro , KY 42301
Similar jobs pay $8.12 - $12.12
Refer friends, get paid!
Job Description Summary Job SummaryReceives and processes requests for the medical records (paper & electronic), tracks, fulfills/denies requests within appropriate timelines, according to Owensboro Health policies, federal and state regulations and HIPAA requirements.Job Responsibilities
• Documents all requests for health information and the status of each request in the electronic tracking system.
• Manages requests utilizing a wide variety of software and applications for health information from patients, third party payers, and others.
• Verifies each request is valid and has all required elements prior to sharing health information. Completes letters to accompany invalid health information requests that are returned to the requestor.
• Processes requests in a timely and efficient manner within established timeline standards, maintaining productivity, quality, and accuracy.
• Responsible for receiving inbound calls and placing outbound calls related to requests for health information.
• Provides direct customer service to walk-in requests for heath information.
• Responds to Business Office requests for health information.
• Collaborates with internal departments to produce and deliver requested health information.
• Responsible for staying current with all applicable state and federal laws, HIPAA privacy and security regulations, and system policies and procedures pertaining to the release of protected health information.
• Locates and retrieves records from archived charts, multiple computer systems, and offsite storage.
• Maintains the confidentiality of all patient, client, and facility information at all times, both on and off duty.
• Follows up on incomplete/inaccurate records as appropriate.
• Copies and releases records to authorized parties.
• Invoices requestors for copies.
• Works in many systems to collect, compile, and release information in the most appropriate and secured method possible.
• Knowledge of federal and state laws governing the confidentiality of protected health information (PHI).
• Identifies, analyzes, prioritizes, resolves,e and/or escalate problems promptly.Qualifications
• High school diploma, General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or higher required upon hire
• No experience required
• No licensure/certification/registration requiredSkills and Attributes
• Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
• Works under minimal supervision.
• Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills, detail orientated, and ability to work in a team environment.Physical Demands
• Standing: Occasionally
• Walking: Occasionally
• Sitting: Frequently
• Lifting 0-25 lbs: Rarely
• Lifting 25-75 lbs: Never
• Lifting over 75 lbs: Never
• Carrying 0-25 lbs: Rarely
• Carrying 25-75 lbs: Never
• Carrying over 75 lbs: Never
• Pushing/Pulling 0-25 lbs: Rarely
• Pushing/Pulling 25-75 lbs: Never
• Pushing/Pulling over 75 lbs: Never
• Climbing: Rarely
• Bending/Stooping: Rarely
• Kneeling: Rarely
• Crouching/Crawling: Rarely
• Reaching: Occasionally
• Talking: Frequently
• Hearing: Occasionally
• Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements: Never
• Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements: Frequently
• Keyboard Data Entry: Frequently
• Running: Never
• Vision: Depth Perception: Frequently
• Vision: Distinguish Color: Frequently
• Vision: Seeing Far: Frequently
• Vision: Seeing Near: FrequentlyOwensboro Health Core CommitmentsINTEGRITY - We conduct ourselves with a high level of responsibility, reliability and honesty because we take seriously the trust of our patients and coworkers.RESPECT - We value and accept the unique talents and contributions of every patient, customer and team member in the Owensboro Health community.TEAMWORK - We build a spirit of connectivity and fellowship by striving together to overcome obstacles, surpass goals, celebrate accomplishments and plan the future.INNOVATION - We foster original ideas and creative solutions that improve our daily work and promote the mission of Owensboro Health.SERVICE - We focus on service to patients, customers and team members by anticipating their needs, thoughtfully meeting those needs and continually improving the quality of everything we do.EXCELLENCE - We reach beyond basic expectations to expand our knowledge and awareness, produce exceptional work and provide outstanding service. Associated topics: aids free, ambulatory, clinician, department of health, drug, healthcare, malaria free, optometrist, patient, therapeutic