RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST ( KY)
April 2, 2021
Philpot , KY 42366
Similar jobs pay $8.12 - $12.12
Refer friends, get paid!
Job Description Summary Job SummaryProvides imaging services to patients.Job Responsibilities
• Positions patients and selects exposure factors accurately.
• Utilizes radiation protection and safety standards. Applies as low as reasonably achievable (ALARA) principle to minimize exposure to patient, self, and others.
• Assists the physician in a variety of imaging procedures.
• May be required to prepare and administer contrast media and/or medications within accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
• Responsible for setting up and providing equipment and supplies before, during, and after procedures.Qualifications
• Associate's degree or higher in Science required upon hire OR
• Associate's degree or higher in related field required upon hire
• A combination of education, training and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• No experience required
• RT(R) - Registered as a Radiological Technologist in Radiology required upon hire AND
• ROC - Radiation Operator Certification in the state of Kentucky required upon hire AND
• BLS - Certified as a Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider required within 90 days of employment in this positionSkills and Attributes
• Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
• Works under minimal supervision.
• Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.Physical Demands
• Standing: Frequently
• Walking: Frequently
• Sitting: Occasionally
• Lifting 0-25 lbs: Frequently
• Lifting 25-75 lbs: Rarely
• Lifting over 75 lbs: Rarely
• Carrying 0-25 lbs: Frequently
• Carrying 25-75 lbs: Rarely
• Carrying over 75 lbs: Rarely
• Pushing/Pulling 0-25 lbs: Frequently
• Pushing/Pulling 25-75 lbs: Frequently
• Pushing/Pulling over 75 lbs: Frequently
• Climbing: Occasionally
• Bending/Stooping: Frequently
• Kneeling: Occasionally
• Crouching/Crawling: Occasionally
• Reaching: Frequently
• Talking: Frequently
• Hearing: Frequently
• Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements: Rarely
• Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements: Frequently
• Keyboard Data Entry: Frequently
• Running: Occasionally
• Vision: Depth Perception: Frequently
• Vision: Distinguish Color: Frequently
• Vision: Seeing Far: Frequently
• Vision: Seeing Near: FrequentlyOwensboro Health Core CommitmentsINTEGRITY - We conduct ourselves with a high level of responsibility, reliability and honesty because we take seriously the trust of our patients and coworkers.RESPECT - We value and accept the unique talents and contributions of every patient, customer and team member in the Owensboro Health community.TEAMWORK - We build a spirit of connectivity and fellowship by striving together to overcome obstacles, surpass goals, celebrate accomplishments and plan the future.INNOVATION - We foster original ideas and creative solutions that improve our daily work and promote the mission of Owensboro Health.SERVICE - We focus on service to patients, customers and team members by anticipating their needs, thoughtfully meeting those needs and continually improving the quality of everything we do.EXCELLENCE - We reach beyond basic expectations to expand our knowledge and awareness, produce exceptional work and provide outstanding service. Associated topics: cardiac, cath, catheterization, ct scan, diagnostic, mammographer, mri, ndt, radiology, scan