April 3, 2021
Owensboro Public Schools
Owensboro Public Schools
Read what people are saying about working here.
Full Job Description QUALIFICATIONS:
• Any combination to: High School diploma or GED Certificate or college-level course work, and/or supervision experience in related fields preferred.
• Four years of responsible experience in a student transportation function.
• Valid Kentucky Commercial Class B driver’s license and School Bus Driver Certificate.
EXEMPT – The position is exempt from FLSA requirements for time and a half overtime compensation. The employee will not earn time and a half for time worked in excess of 40 hours per work week.
• Modern practices, procedures and equipment for the operation of a school district transportation system.
• Provisions of the Kentucky Motor Vehicle Code and the Kentucky Administrative Regulations applicable to the operation of vehicles used to transport students.
• Special transportation State reimbursements.
• Principles of supervision and bus driver training.
• Safe driving practices.
• Principles of efficient and economical bus routing techniques and scheduling of employees.
• Supervise rules and regulation affecting school district transportation department drivers.
• Geographic and topographic characteristics of community served by the District.
• Record-keeping techniques.
• Supervise bus driver techniques and safety.
• Plan and coordinate regular bus schedules and organize emergency routing as needed to transport students to and from school and athletic events and on field trips.
• Resolve student transportation problems with parents, principals and other school administrators.
• Coordinate, develop and implement an efficient student transportation system and develop and schedule efficient bus route systems.
• Train, supervise and evaluate personnel.
• Work independently with little direction.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Meet schedules and time lines.
• Plan and organize work.
• Maintain records and prepare reports.
• Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
• Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Supervise and coordinate regular bus schedules, special needs schedules and organize emergency routing as needed to transport students to and from school and athletic events and on field trips; resolve student transportation problems with parents, principals and other school administrators.
• Schedule and coordinate miscellaneous transportation programs; develop optimal bus routes to minimize costs and maintain efficiency; coordinate substitutes, stand-by and relief driver assignments.
• Train, supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel; schedule and assign work; counsel, discipline and recommend termination of personnel as appropriate.
• Maintain contact with transportation unit via two-way radio.
• Implement and maintain safety programs.
• Review daily time reports, bus records, accident reports and maintain daily logs related to transportation activities.
• Remain current concerning pending and existing State legislation related to student transportation; maintain current knowledge of streets, boundary lines and housing developments.
• Develop, implement and enforce established safety regulations and precautions.
• Participate in evaluation of roads, weather conditions and emergency disasters that may result in school closure.
• Evaluate bus accidents at the scene.
• Classified Salary Schedule
• Classified benefits package
Equal Education and Employment Opportunities M/F/D