April 2, 2021
Owensboro , KY
Apply Now Processing...
Apply Now Processing...
Job Locations US-KY-Owensboro
# of Openings
Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschlager, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. During COVID-19, Sazerac distilleries began producing hand sanitizer for some of the world's largest organizations in healthcare, government, military, retail, distribution, airline, pharma, and banking. Also, during this time, while many companies are wading through uncertainty, Sazerac is poised for acquisition and growth - recently acquiring 18 more brands, two companies and a distillery.
Since 1850, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! We attribute our success to a unique blend of our history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, our people. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry.
The Glenmore Distillery has been a fixture in the Owensboro Community since the late 1800s. During Prohibition, The Glenmore Distillery was fortunate enough to be one of four distilleries in the country allowed to operate on a limited scale for medicinal necessity.
In March of 2009 the Sazerac Company purchased the distillery and reprised the name The Glenmore Distillery. The distillery boasts one of the largest and most modern bottling facilities in the country and continues to be a sizable employer in the city of Owensboro, KY.
The Sazerac Company's vision is to become one of the industry's most desired places to be. The company attributes its success to a unique blend of history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, its people.
For more information, please visit www.sazerac.com.
The Bottling Manager is responsible for managing the bottling production function at the plant. Duties include coordinating and directing the bottling operators to achieve scheduled production, monitor and update quality standards and government regulations relating to production, assign & train personnel for production, and problem solve & recommend improvements as necessary.
Meets and exceeds customer expectations through management of the Bottling Department to deliver product on time within budget and to meet quality specifications.
• Monitors and enforces all OSHA and Company safety regulations and policies. Leads the safety programs for the Bottling department through development and execution of safe practices and operating procedures to minimize the occurrence and severity of workplace accidents. Assists in the investigation of EH&S incidents. Ensure all Bottling Operations meet regulatory requirements including OSHA, EPA and TTB regulations.
• Oversees bottling operations accomplishing the production needs within safety, quality, budgetary and regulatory guidelines. Develops bottling department employees, and plans and implements operational improvements. Evaluates production efficiency and cost; plans, organizes, directs improvements and corrective action plans. Establishes work schedules, best methods, standard operating procedures and priorities to meet established efficiency and quality goals.
• Conducts PDS reviews with Bottling Supervisors to improve skills and performance of all employees in the Bottling Department. Trains, evaluates and develops Bottling Department employees. Creates and develops a personal development plan with Plant Manager to improve a skill/competency that will develop personal skills and improve performance
• Ensure production efficiency and within cost standards. Tracks efficiencies, quality and production data to improve yields and throughput. Recommends operating and CAPEX plans to reduce costs without sacrificing quality.
• Establish and follow development plan to achieve career development and/or advancement. Develop the skills of yourself and your team to attain the desired career path within the organization.
• Leads the Bottling Department in a manner consistent with the culture of the company. Ensures employees are treated fairly and with respect. Creates a team environment where all employees are encouraged to make a difference in meeting and exceeding customer expectations
• Contribute to the planning and implementation of operational improvement through system and process changes to achieve an advanced bottling operation. Plan, organize and direct improvements and corrective action plans. Provide support to the New Product Development Team in developing new products within timelines and budgets.
• Continually seek ways to improve performance as measured by departmental Key Performance Indicators.
• Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum of 5 years' of relevant experience
• Excellent oral & written communication skills
• Familiar with beverage processing and its associated equipment
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Requires Experience designing and/or implementing OSHA, HACCP, USDA programs
• Requires Supervisory and/or management experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
• Working knowledge of MS Office Products (Word, Excel and Outlook)
Apply Now Processing...
As soon as possible
Employment Term and Type
Regular, Full Time