Transportation Area Coordinator (8.0 hrs/day; 261 days/year)
April 1, 2021
TRANSPORTATION AREA COORDINATOR (8.0 HRS/DAY; 261 DAYS/YEAR) Daviess County School District ( learn more ) Owensboro , KY ( map )
Apply for this job!
Tell a friend
• Job ID: 3484423
• Application Deadline: Posted until Filled
• Posted : April 1, 2021
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
My Email Send Alerts
Job Class Description: TRANSPORTATION AREA COORDINATOR
Class Code: 7903
Job Title: TRANSPORTATION AREA COORDINATOR
PARTS ROOM CLERK
BUS DRIVER TRAINER
Position Type: FULL-TIME
FLSA Classification: EXEMPT
Reports To: DIRECTOR OF TRANSPORTATION
Commensurate with salary range on the DCPS Salary Schedule for class code 7903
Hours Per Day: 8.0
Contracted Days: 261
· Any combination to: college-level course work, and/or supervision experience in related fields preferred.
· Four years of responsible experience in a student transportation function.
· Valid Kentucky Commercial Class B driver’s license and School Bus Driver Certificate.
· Computer skills including use of mouse and keyboard to navigate computer, e-mail, and websites.
· Modern practices, procedures and equipment for the operation of a school district transportation system.
· Provisions of the Kentucky Motor Vehicle Code and the Kentucky Administrative Regulations applicable to the operation of vehicles used to transport students.
· Special transportation State reimbursements.
· Principles of supervision and bus driver training.
· Safe driving practices.
· Principles of efficient and economical bus routing techniques and scheduling of employees.
· Supervise rules and regulation affecting school district transportation department drivers.
· Geographic and topographic characteristics of community served by the District.
· Record-keeping techniques.
· Supervise bus driver techniques and safety.
Coordinate, plan and direct the operations of student transportation in a designated geographic area to and from school and athletic events and on educational field trips; miscellaneous transportation programs; supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supervise and coordinate regular bus schedules, special needs schedules and organize emergency routing as needed to transport students to and from school and athletic events and on field trips; resolve student transportation problems with parents, principals and other school administrators.
· Schedule and coordinate miscellaneous transportation programs; develop optimal bus routes to minimize costs and maintain efficiency; coordinate substitutes, stand-by and relief driver assignments.
· Train, supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel; schedule and assign work; counsel, discipline and recommend termination of personnel as appropriate.
· Maintain contact with transportation unit via two-way radio.
· Implement and maintain safety programs.
· Review daily time reports, bus records, and accident reports and maintain daily logs related to transportation activities.
· Remain current concerning pending and existing State legislation related to student transportation; maintain current knowledge of streets, boundary lines and housing developments.
· Develop, implement and enforce established safety regulations and precautions.
· Demonstrates loyalty and dedication to the purposes and goals of the Daviess County Public Schools.
· Participate in evaluation of roads, weather conditions and emergency disasters that may result in school closure.
· Evaluate bus accidents at the scene.
· Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
· Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
· Meet schedules and timelines with little direction.
· Plan and organize work.
· Maintain records and prepare reports.
· Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Location, duties, responsibilities may be altered to meet the needs of the district.
Successful completion of post-offer, pre-employment screenings are required as a contingency of employment.
Contracts are with the district of Daviess County Public Schools-not with individual locations. Location assignments are subject to change.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. Support employee with year-to-year contract
2. Participates in Kentucky Retirement System (KRS)
• Position Type: Full-time
• Job Categories : Administrator > Director/Coordinator/Manager
Administrator > Transportation
• HR Admin
• PO Box 21510
• Owensboro, Kentucky 42304
• Phone: (270) 852-7000
• Email: click here
Apply for this job!
Tell a friend
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
× Close Login OR SIGN Up