Elementary Intervention Specialist
April 1, 2021
JOB CLASS: 2040
JOB TITLE: ELEMENTARY INTERVENTION SPECIALIST
• Kentucky Teacher Certification
• Experience working with at-risk students
• Experience/training in implementing reading and math programs
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Works with individual students in small groups
• Serves as a resource person
• Assumes responsibility for compiling, maintaining, and filing all reports, records, and other documents legally required
• Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for achieving stated objectives
• Provides leadership in establishing new programs and developing improved understanding of existing programs
• Makes provision for being available to students and parents for conferences outside the instruction day when requested to do so under reasonable terms
• Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required
• All other duties as assigned by the Principal, including but not limited to teaching a core class.
Indoor, environmentally controlled. Typical office environment including but not limited to telephones, personal interruptions, background noises. May require working with or near the public, parents, and children and will be subject to sounds, scents, and other related environmental factors. This position will require dealing with conflict and requires use of sound judgement.
Physical Demands: (example)
• Light lifting
• Sitting for long periods of time
• Hand and finger dexterity
• Repetitive movement
• Standing and walking intermittently throughout a typical work day
Travel Requirements: (Frequency and Duration)
• Less than 10% out of district
• Daily as needed within district boundaries
• Instructional salary schedule based on rank and experience
• Certified benefits package
• 187 days per year; 7.75 hours per day
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Location, duties, responsibilities may be altered to meet the needs of the district.
Contracts are with the district of Owensboro Public Schools-not with the individual locations. Location assignments are subject to change.
Equal Education and Employment Opportunities M/F/D
Primary Location Foust Elementary School Salary Range Per Year Shift Type Full Time