Valet Parking Attendant - Owensboro Health Regional Hospital
March 29, 2021
Driven To Serve® and Ready to Succeed!
Working with Towne Park offers a variety of employment opportunities for your unique career plan! Whether you’re a part-timer, careerist or adventurer, Towne Park gives you the tools to learn and grow. With business in 50+ national markets, there’s no limit to where Towne Park might take you!
No matter what you’re looking for, Towne Park provides a winning environment working alongside the brightest and friendliest colleagues around. Whether it’s team events, giving back to the communities where we live and work, or celebrating a Towne Park win, you’ll find a fun and welcoming work experience!
JOB SUMMARY The Guest Service Associate is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to guests or patients in an attentive, friendly and efficient manner. The Guest Service Associate is responsible for driving, parking and retrieving guest vehicles in a prompt yet safe manner and assisting guests in and out of their vehicle during arrival and departure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Guest Service
• Maintains pleasant, friendly and professional demeanor with all customer, co-workers, and clients
• Acknowledges and greets customer within five feet with a professional and friendly demeanor
• Uses guest last names during interactions
• Uses salutation of the day and welcomes guests to the location
• Practices proper Towne Park phone etiquette
• Posts up in designated areas when not completing tasks
• Runs at top speed to park and retrieve vehicles and drives slowly and cautiously
• Assists guests with bell services and luggage storage as needed (when applicable)
• Opens all vehicle and property doors for guests
• Assists customers with directions, taxis, reservations and other inquiries
• Provides customers with information about outlets, meeting rooms and/or amenities of the facility as well as main attractions in the area
• Delivers messages, items and/or guest amenities as requested
• Transport guests to appropriate places that are approved by the location (when applicable)
• Explains parking rates and retrieval procedures to guests upon arrival
Systems and Standards
• Completes all tasks in a timely manner as instructed by the Account Manager
• Treats guests and associates with courtesy, respect and dignity
• Follows all appearance standards as set forth by Towne Park, including complete approved pressed uniform
• Follows all attendance standards as set forth by Towne Park, as required by the scheduling which may vary according to the needs of the location
• Executes all terms and conditions as set forth in the Towne Park Associate Handbook and other policies and procedures
• Maintains clean, neat work environment including all surrounding areas of ramp, valet desk, wheel chairs, parking area, bell carts, bell closet, trash receptacles and ash urns
• Consistently completes location on all key tags after parking vehicle
• Calculates and collects revenue for vehicles when needed
Safety and Risk Management
• Follows site specific safety and security procedures
• Practices preventative safety procedures as set forth by Towne Park, including safe lifting techniques
• Issues claim checks only after receiving vehicle keys and collects claim checks from all guests prior to issuing keys
• Consistently completes and maintains all ticket information including key tag, guest folio, location of vehicle, damage survey and claim check receipt from all vehicles taken into the valet system
• Reports all accidents and incidents observed on shift to Guest Service Coordinator or Account Manager immediately
• Uses only equipment trained to use and operates all equipment in a safe manner
• Immediately secures all keys on belt clip or in a locked key box
• Reports all potential hazards and safety concerns to Account Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES • Ability to read and write standard English language
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
• Ability to write simple correspondence
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients and other employees of the organization
• Ability to add and subtract three digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s; ability to perform these operations using units of American money
• Ability to understand 24 hour and military time systems
• Ability to understand rates applicable to time passed
QUALIFICATIONS • High school diploma or general education degree (GED); OR one (1) month related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to operate a manual transmission is highly desirable
• Perform parallel parking
• Must have and maintain a valid drivers license and clean driving record
• For insurance purposes, must be at least 18 years of age and be able to pass a criminal background and drug screen
• Must complete the Wheelchair Safety Training course provided by Towne Park
• If providing shuttle services, may be subject to additional requirements
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate is regularly required to run; stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
• Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 75 pounds occasionally. Must be able to push and pull 75 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally.
• Must be able to push and pull (on wheelchair) 100 to 350 pounds frequently over considerable distances
• Working flexible schedules and extended hours are sometimes required.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE I understand that every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties that I will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical assignment of the position. I accept that at any time there may be modifications or changes to the above job description.
I have read and understand the above job description. I acknowledge that all items are essential to the job. I understand what the job demands and I agree that I am able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
____________________________________ ___________________________________ ________________
Associate Signature Associate Name (Printed) Date
Job Type: Part time