March 29, 2021
At Asahi Kasei we believe anyone can buy equipment or build a facility. It is our diverse team members around the globe who will enable us to develop ideas and technologies and capture the exciting opportunities that lie ahead. We look for candidates with a fresh perspective, people with a wide variety of skills who are creative thinkers, enjoy challenges and are driven to excel. We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Daramic where we develop and manufacture advanced lead-acid battery separators that are driving innovation in transportation and industrial applications with cars, trucks, forklifts, and golf carts as well as ESS.
The ESH Coordinator will report to the ESH Manager and is responsible for evaluating, designing, implementing, and maintaining workplace environmental, safety, and health programs that are consistent with applicable regulatory and corporate requirements.
• Act as a subject matter expert to develop and implement action plans, processes, and procedures to control environmental, safety & health risks.
• Assists in the management of and maintains compliance with the Title V air quality permit, RCRA, CERCLA, EPCRA, and NPDES storm water and wastewater programs.
• Develop and maintain ESH programs consistent with applicable regulatory standards (EPA, OSHA, DOT, etc.).
• Build and maintain an effective regulatory engagement system to foster positive relationships with federal, state and local regulators.
• Coordinate evaluate, develop, all workplace related environmental health and safety programs.
• Facilitate and conduct ESH training
• Coaches all levels of personnel on critical skills, behaviors and techniques that build and sustain a Zero Harm culture.
• Organize and conduct studies sufficient to identify hazards, risks, and trends.
• Ensure emergency management programs are developed and maintained in a state of readiness for anticipated emergencies including hazards assessments, personnel training, equipment, and alerting systems. Responds to site emergencies.
• Perform Incident investigation and reporting; create and facilitate action plans; track and drive investigations to completion.
• Perform New Chemical Approval requests (SDS review) and maintain and update the SDS library for location.
• Participate in internal audits.
• Ensure programs for contractors and construction projects are implemented consistent with company standards, regulatory requirements, and best management practices.
• Maintain relevant ES&H records and documentation for training and inspections / audit.
• Support the ESH Manager with the development of annual plans including goals, objectives, targets, training, audits, etc.
• Manage proper classification, labeling, storage, and shipment of hazardous, universal, and non-hazardous wastes.
• Maintain awareness of federal, state and local environmental, safety, and health regulations.
• Knowledge/experience with Process Safety Management (PSM) regulations.
• Note: this description is intended to provide a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Education and Experience
Education : Four year degree in Occupational Safety & Health, environmental, chemistry, engineering, or the physical sciences related degree
Professional experience : 3 to 5 years of experience in the ES&H Field
Languages : English
Other Preferred Qualifications :
• Professional ESH Certification (CSP, CEP, CHMM, etc.) from a nationally recognized organization is a plus.
• ISO14001 internal auditor
• Technical writing including development of technical documents, procedures, sampling plans, hazard/job analyses, and training presentations.
• Working in a team environment with proven decision making and problem solving skills.
We believe a diverse workforce is crucial to our growth as a global supplier of advanced materials. Asahi Kasei is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full time