Specialty Foods Group - Plant Superintendent
March 31, 2021
• Owensboro, KY, USA
• Full Time
Email Me Similar Jobs Email Me This Job
Specialty Foods Group Plant Superintendent Owensboro, KY, USA
Specialty Foods Group LLC a division of Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC) is a fully integrated retail, foodservice and private label producer of fresh and processed meats based in Delphi, Indiana. Since the start of operations in 1991, we have experienced rapid growth from a single pork processing company into a multi-plant diversified producer of fresh and processed meats, with locations throughout America's Heartland and revenues of approximately $1.5B. We are best known for our national brand Kentucky Legend (the best-selling quarter-sliced ham in the United States) as well as a number of well-known regional brands, including Indiana Kitchen, Fischer's, Field, Mickelberry's, Kentuckian Gold, and Scott Pete. We now have processing facilities in Frankfort, Indiana; Holland, Michigan; and Owensboro, Kentucky.
We value diversity, innovation, collaboration and those passionate about their jobs. We support our associates by offering a total rewards package, including competitive pay, three different medical care plans (two with company-funded health savings accounts), pharmacy, dental, and vision plans, a retirement/401K (with match on team members' contributions), a competitive paid time off program, educational assistance, and numerous advancement opportunities. With more than 3,100 team members located across 14 different states, we are a big company with a small company culture.
Our team helps feed the world! Are you ready to step up to the challenge of launching your career with Indiana Packers?
The Plant Superintendent is responsible directing and coordinating activities concerned with production of company product(s) by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Position Reports To : Plant Manager
Core Responsibilities :
• Confers with management personnel to establish production and quality control standards, develop budget and cost controls, and to obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
• Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
• Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
• Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and operating or production problems.
• Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
• Revises production schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure or operating problems. Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data.
• Consults with engineering personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products.
• Conducts hearings to resolve or effect settlement of grievances and refers unresolved grievances for management union negotiations.
• Replaces supervisors and runs department due to absenteeism (vacations, sick days etc.)
• Understands the meat processing operations.
• Directs workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products
• Investigates and adjusts internal customer complaints regarding quality
• Maintain equipment and in sanitary manner and in accordance with applicable guidelines
• Assure label approvals, verifications, and compliance
• Assure communication, resolution and documentation of process and procedural deviations in a timely manner
• Assure compliance with regulatory requirements and plant policies, including HACCP related activities, GMP and SSOP's
• Perform product attribute and sensory evaluations according to finished product specifications
• Monitor and resolve product and process deviations related to SSOP's, NR's, Product Complaints, and Non-conforming product
• Cross train, perform and fill in as needed for technicians, other specialists, and lab analysis
• Conduct and participate in informing gathering, problem solving, data collection, analysis, reporting and communication
• Provide leadership and communication from front line to middle management
• Monitoring product and material and material inventories to assure compliance with established guidelines
• Report any issues regarding food safety or quality to QA Management
• Comply with client requirements when applicable
• Follow policies and procedures, complete administrative tasks correctly and on time and support organization's goals and values
• Meet productivity and quality standards, demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness, completing work in a timely manner and strive to increase productivity while looking for ways to improve and promote quality
• Observe safety and security procedures; report potentially unsafe conditions and use equipment and materials properly
• Maintain reliable attendance, reporting to work on time as scheduled; ensure work responsibilities are covered when absent
Supervisor Responsibilities : Manages subordinate supervisors who supervise approximately 200 employees in the Grinding / Shipping & Receiving, 2nd & 3rd Floor Kitchen, 2nd & 3rd Floor Packaging and Clean up / Janitors. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Proven attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent listening skills
• Ability to read/write and comprehend basic instructions and correspondence
• Problem Analysis and Decision Making.
• Effective in building and maintaining relationships
• Ability to collaborate with a team to complete tasks
• Demonstrated Leadership skills as well as business and technical knowledge
• Integrity, Ethics and Trust of others and upholding organizational values.
Essential Job Requirements:
• Ability to stand up to eight (8) hours a day
• Ability to frequently walk distances
• Must be able to push/pull/lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds
• Must be able to sit/stand/bend repetitively
• Must be able to traverse up/down ladders as needed
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent;
• And/or seven to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read/interpret and analyze general business periodicals.
• Basic Computer experience/skills
• Ability to speak a foreign language especially a plus.
• Must pass E-Verify
Specialty Foods Group, LLC maintains a diverse workforce where employee differences are truly valued. Our products are known to be household names, not only throughout the region, but the country. As a part of the community for over 100 years, SFG has never had a layoff! Be a part of something legendary...be part of the Specialty Foods Group Team.
EOE, including Disability/Veteran
Indiana Packers Corporation https://indianapackerscorp.applicantpool.com