Summer Feeding Cook/Baker
March 30, 2021
JOB CLASS: 7241
JOB TITLE: SUMMER FEEDING COOK/BAKER
• Any combination equivalent to: high school diploma or GED certificate as required by Kentucky law and one year experience in cooking and baking food in large quantities.
• Pleasing personality and ability to project good public image
• Possess basic math skills
• Experience in area of food service desired
• Must complete training course for certification of beginning school food personnel as prescribed in 702 KAR 6:045.
• Prepare and cook vegetables and other foods.
• Assist in determining appropriate quantity of food items for cooking and baking; adjust and extend recipes as needed; maintain food quality standards including appearance, and nutritional requirements.
• Monitor temperatures of food to assure safety and quality standards are met; monitor water temperatures to assure proper temperature for sanitizing.
• Serve food according to established guidelines and replenish serving containers as needed.
• Clean cafeteria equipment, utensils and appliances and store food supplies; assure compliance with kitchen sanitation and safety procedures and regulations; clean refrigerators and storerooms as required.
• Assist in storing unused food and supplies; dispose of unusable leftovers; utilize proper methods of handling foods to be stored.
• Operate a variety of standard kitchen utensils and equipment including slicer, chopper, mixer, steamer, fryer, dishwasher, electric warmer, range, oven, pressure cooker, dishwasher and other cafeteria equipment as required.
• Assist with inventory and maintain routine records as directed; prepare records of foods cooked and foods left over.
• Prepare and cook food for special events as needed; assist at banquets or special events as required.
• Transport meals to summer feeding sites.
• Prepare and complete summer feeding paperwork.
• Perform general duties assigned by the manager.
• Classified salary schedule
• Temporary Summer Position
• Hours will vary from 2-8 per day
This posting will expire April 7, 2021 or when filled.
Equal Education and Employment Opportunities M/F/D
Primary Location District Wide Salary Range Per Hour Shift Type Full Time