District Wide Elementary Art Teacher
March 29, 2021
JOB CLASS: 4940
JOB TITLE: District Wide Elementary Art Teacher
• Valid Kentucky Elementary Teacher Certificate or Statement of Eligibility
• Experience teaching art in elementary schools, preferred.
PURPOSE: To provide students a variety of opportunities to learn about and enjoy art experiences as a practitioner and/or appreciator. To develop in students an interest in and the ability for creative expression visually, using skills and techniques of artistic expression appropriate to the student’s interests and abilities to develop aesthetic understanding and appreciations; to discover and develop talents of pupils in the field of art.
PERFORMANCE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides input for the delivery of district skills continuum for use by elementary grade teachers.
• Advises teachers in the selection and use of art instructions materials.
• Coordinates, in cooperation with teachers, art instructions with other areas of the curriculum.
• Arranges and provides workshops and demonstrations on the teaching of art.
• Advises on the purchase of art equipment and supplies.
• Demonstrates techniques of art as well as teaches knowledge and skills in art, including crafts, drawing, painting, lettering, design art history, and dimensional art, and other appropriate learning activities.
• Provides instruction by which students develop aesthetic concepts and appreciations and the ability to make qualitative judgments about art.
• Develops instructional plans and organizes classes to assist teachers in providing a balanced program of instruction, demonstration and working time.
• Provides individual and small-group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of students with varying artistic abilities and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities.
• Meets and instructs assigned classes in the location and at the times designated.
• Develops and maintains a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of the resources provided by the district.
• Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
• Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
• Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the locations provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
• Strives to implement by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
• Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
• Maintains complete and accurate records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulation.
• Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations and Board policies.
• Attends and participates in faculty meetings and serves on assigned committees.
• Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives, and methods.
• Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning both the broad academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students.
• Represents the school in the community effectively and in a positive manner.
• Maintain regular, predictable and punctual attendance during regularly scheduled work hours.
• Meets the Standards and Indicators set forth in the Certified Personnel Evaluation Plan.
• Abides by the Professional Code of Ethics for Kentucky Certified School Personnel.
• Adheres to the requirements of any District or school employee handbook, Owensboro Board of Education policies, and all applicable laws and regulations.
• Performs all other functions deemed necessary by the immediate supervisor that are reasonable and are covered by local board policy or law.
• Participation in Fine Arts Fair exhibition and other community events.
• Collaborative work with fellow arts teachers in large projects.
• Assist in Arts Infusion initiative
• Other duties as assigned by the principal and/or Fine Arts Coordinate
• Instructional salary schedule based on rank and experience
• Certified benefits package
Equal Education and Employment Opportunities M/F/D
Primary Location Newton Parrish Elementary School Salary Range Per Year Shift Type Full Time