March 29, 2021
The Book Lead oversees the maintenance and merchandising of all book departments, including, but not limited to Best-Sellers, Action Alley/Seasonal Sets, Bargain, and Kids. The Book Lead is also the primary trainer on these areas for new associates and managers.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Train all new Associates on the different book departments and products
• Review the Key Metrics, and Line Item Discount reports weekly to identify any training opportunities
• Ensure an understanding of the Action Alley Feature Rank and Category Sales Review
• Ensure product is merchandised correctly in relevant departments
• Ensure Action Alley is set and merchandised to company standards
• Coordinate the Tuesday Task process for all book departments
• Coordinate the COMP process for all book departments
• Coordinate the Markdown process and ensure product counts are updated.
• Adhere to all Books-A-Million Policies and Procedures
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• 18 years of age or older
• Positive background check
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Completion of all required training courses
• Comprehensive product knowledge
• Detail oriented
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong training skills
• Demonstrated ability to act in a mature and conscientious manner
Physical and Environmental Requirements
• Must be able to sit at a computer or desk for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to use hands/arms to operate keyboard, telephone and for repetitive motion activities.
• Must be able to lift objects up to 25 lbs. with or without assistance.
• Must be able to communicate using speech, sight, and sound with or without assistive device.
• Must be able to stand, walk, stoop or crouch while performing daily activities of the job.