Parks Group Sales Coordinator
March 24, 2021
4/4/2021 (8:00 PM EDT)
Parks Group Sales Coordinator
Pay Grade 10
Salary $12.34 - $19.75 Hourly
EXECUTIVE BRANCH | FULL TIME, ELIGIBLE FOR OVERTIME PAY | 18A | 37.5 HR/WK
Tourism, Arts, & Heritage Cabinet | Kentucky Department of Parks
20781 Pennyrile Lodge Rd
Dawson Springs, KY 42408 USA
The Kentucky Department of Parks is seeking an experienced and motivated person with a passion for delivering exceptional guest service as our new Group Sales Coordinator for Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park.
As the Group Sales Coordinator you will work closely with all departments to provide exceptional guest services and catering for multiple groups, events and banquets in various locations around the Park throughout the year. If providing quality customer service while working in one of the finest locations in Kentucky appeals to you, then this position may be for you!
• Drive revenue for lodge rooms, cottages, meeting spaces and other rental revenues through direct sales calls to government, military, associations, corporations and other small meetings markets.
• Obtain details of all events and food/beverage needs during stay. Create banquet event orders and provide detailed information to other department supervisors who would deliver the products and services. Conduct meetings to communicate the details about the events. Provide timely and accurate information concerning changes to group bookings to the appropriate departments.
• Follow up with groups while in house to ensure the program is successful and that expectations have been met.
• Generate monthly revenue reports and forecasts.
• Enter bookings and group meal functions in the property management system. Generate contracts, set up deposit due dates, release dates and rooming list.
• Follow up with client after the event. Post event history and final counts in the computer system. Call client for rebooking future or series of events. Collect positive and negative feedback to report to management.
• Analytical, creative and innovative thinking
• Time management
• Ability to work under pressure
• Communication skills
• Experience in Microsoft Office
• Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays
• Willingness to develop team members and self
• Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
• Maintain ServSafe Certification
The Department of Parks offers many great benefits for our full-time employees, including:
• Affordable health insurance with optional health reimbursement account
• Optional dental/vision insurance
• Wellness incentives program
• Life insurance
• Retirement plan
• Vacation, Holiday and Sick time
• Employee assistance program
• Employee discounts
• Training/career development opportunities
• Optional deferred compensation program (401K/457K)
• Complimentary state park visits for you and your family
EDUCATION: Graduate of a college or university with a bachelor's degree.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, OR SKILLS: Must have two years hospitality, tourism, sales, meeting planning, business or administrative experience.
Substitute EDUCATION for EXPERIENCE: NONE
Substitute EXPERIENCE for EDUCATION: Hospitality, tourism, sales, meeting planning, business or administrative experience will substitute for the required education on a year for-year basis.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (AGE, LICENSURE, REGULATION, ETC.): Must be 20 years and one day of age at time of appointment. Applicants for employment with the Kentucky State Resort Parks must obtain S.T.A.R. (Server Training in Alcohol Regulations) certification from the Kentucky Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control within six months of appointment. Must maintain any required licensure(s), certification(s), or other credentials for the length of employment in this classification. Employing agency is responsible for ensuring employee possesses and maintains required licensure(s), certification(s) or other credentials.
Work is typically performed in an office setting. Travel will be required to conduct outside sales calls.
This job has an initial and promotional probationary period of 6 months, except as provided in KRS 18A.111.
If you have questions about this advertisement, please contact Bill Thielen at Bill.email@example.com or 270-797-3421.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D