Project Manager-Entry Level
March 2, 2021
Project Manager, Entry Level
# of Openings 1 Requisition ID 2021-9890 Position Type Salaried Full-Time Category Project Management Product Line Aggregates Job Locations US-KY-Smithland Company Aggregate Industries Management, Inc.
Responsible for planning, executing, and finalizing aggregate market projects according to strict deadlines and within budget for assigned activities within an engineering project. Applies broad and diversified knowledge of engineering and mine engineering principles and practices to project engineering in the preparation of complex engineering analyses. Makes decisions independently concerning problems within the project. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control. Represents the Company on the project and with the client to resolve technical questions and to coordinate work.
• Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
• Plans, develops, coordinate and reviews complex engineering work within the project. Coordinates and interfaces with the day-to-day technical work of discipline engineers.
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
• Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
• Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
• Manages technical discussions with third parties (client, suppliers, and regulators) to facilitate appropriate technical decisions, resolve project issues and propose solutions to help meet deadlines and monitor related job costs.
• Prepares or oversees the preparation of discipline estimates and work plan in accordance with projects scope, schedule and budget and manages implementation and performance accordingly.
• Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
• Reviews significant bid summaries, major drawings and staffing estimates and schedules. Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
Interacts with Operations Manager, Plant Managers, and General Manager for supervision and direction.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree
Field of Study Preferred: Engineering or Construction Mgmt.
Required Work Experience: 1 to 2 years in an aggregates business. Internship experience preferred.
Travel Requirements : Travel to job sites
Additional Requirements :
• Self-starter / initiates action / highly motivated team player
• Strong planning and organizational skills and able to communicate technical information to non-technical team members
• Ability to grow with the company into positions of increasing responsibility
• Flexible planning and scheduling skills to be able to execute necessary job in an environment of variable equipment availability
• Demonstrated technical / professional knowledge
• Solid decision-making skills
• Resourceful and innovative
• Strong and effective written and oral communication skills
Required Computer and Software Skills : Microsoft Office, SAP, Primavera software
Apply for this job online Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Click to view Company Benefits Overview