Senior Technician, Maintenance - KBP
February 21, 2021
Sr Technician, Maintenance - KBP
British American Tobacco
British American Tobacco
Read what people are saying about working here.
Reynolds American is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A Senior Technician, Maintenance
SENIORITY LEVEL: Entry level
LOCATION: Owensboro, KY United States of America
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is part of Kentucky Bioprocessing (KBP)
The role is responsible for routine, non-routine, and sophisticated task assignments to support KBP pivotal initiatives. Collaborates within function and cross-functionally on assignments, developing technical knowledge and seeking perspective of others on to resolve issues. The Senior Technician assists with work streams associated with the development and implementation of improved and/or new innovative product platforms. The qualified candidate will also conduct all activities in accordance with applicable regulations and procedures.
Reports to: Sr. Staff Engineer
Reporting Level: 1
Geographic Scope: Local
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
• Understands Company strategy and how individual work is aligned with strategic plan.
• Prioritizes work assignments and communicates results.
• Recognizes errors, applies root cause analysis, and proposes corrective action.
• Supports work streams associated with the identification, development, and implementation of new technologies, processes.
• Routinely collaborates with other areas of the Company and KBP.
• Performs duties under limited supervision according to cGMP and Standard Operating Procedures
• Escorts, schedules, and coordinates with outside vendors for all maintenance activities
• Works within team and department to in follow best practices and meet department goals
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
• Do you have knowledge of an operating procedure maintenance environment (i.e. SOPs or protocols)?
• Have you worked in Maintenance before (Industrial or Commercial)?
• Are you familiar with electrical control loops?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• 2 years relevant Maintenance experience
• Proverbial knowledge of electrical control loops?
• Problem-Solving (especially PLC loops)
• Perform Maintenance activities in the areas of electrical, mechanical, instrumentation and controls
• Assist in developing and defining SOPs
• Troubleshooting Skills including use of multi-meter for power up to 480V and control loops (i.e. 4-20mA)
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Ability to prioritize work assignments, acknowledge errors and propose corrective action.
• Technical Electrical and/or I&C expertise
• Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Professional Suite.
Job Number: 33496
Reynolds American Incorporated is positively transforming the tobacco industry. We’re a family of companies that strives for success in everything we do. The future inspires us because our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century.
When other companies talk about growth, they only talk about size. At Reynolds American, we focus on the growth of our people. We take pride in each other’s growth and well-being throughout our careers. We invest in your career and total well-being because we know our companies succeed when our people thrive.
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Modoral Brands, Inc.; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; Reynolds Brands, Inc.; and Vuse Stores LLC. This position is with Kentucky BioProcessing (2400) .
Here, you’ll have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and revolutionary products by collaborating with visionary, principled and passionate people every day.
• Competitive Annual Salary
• Targeted Annual Bonus
• Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
Our company offers very competitive benefit plans, including:
• 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
• Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
• Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
• Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave; Also Parental leave/Reduced Work Schedule
• Confidential personal financial counseling service
• On-site health clinics and fitness centers
• A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
• Health-care advocacy service
• Volunteer service opportunities
• Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
• Extensive training opportunities
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that stands apart from the crowd.
We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to maximize the company's potential for successfully achieving its business objectives.
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at TalentAcquisition@RJRT.com.
California Privacy Notice