Speech Therapy Aide
February 18, 2021
Speech Therapy Aide
Owensboro, KY 42303
Read what people are saying about working here.
From $11 an hour
Full Job Description JOB SUMMARY:
The Speech Therapy Aide, under the direction of a Speech Language Pathologist, assists the Speech Therapy department in the day-to-day operations and provides indirect support to individuals as needed.
CLIENT SUPPORT FUNCTION:
The Speech Therapy Aide supports the mission of WF by supporting individuals receiving speech therapy, assisting the therapists, and ensuring access to all needed equipment and supplies. In doing so, the Aide helps to empower people by giving them the means to determine and communicate their wants, needs, feelings, ideas and dreams.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or G.E.D required.
• Experience working with individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities preferred.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
• Ability to drive organization vehicles, including possession of valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
• Possess or be able to possess first aid and CPR certifications (training provided).
• Possess communication skills adequate for the tasks assigned.
• Ability to relate to the clinical population being served.
• Ability to communicate information about an individual’s condition, if needed.
• Possess basic computer skills and ability to learn specialized software.
• Possess basic reading, writing, and math skills and ability to use a calculator.
Wendell Foster offers a variety of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental insurances, retirement contributions, paid holidays, and paid time off. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Wendell Foster is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $11.00 per hour
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Referral program
• Retirement plan
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vision insurance
• 8 hour shift
• One location