February 18, 2021
Five Star Food Service, Inc.
Five Star Food Service, Inc.
Read what people are saying about working here.
At Five Star Food Service, our Retail Merchandiser’s adequately stock our vending machines and micro-markets with food, snacks, and drinks on established routes to businesses throughout the city and surrounding areas while being on the open road working independently. As a Retail Merchandiser’s you can expect to work in a fast pace environment while maintaining an average 10 hour day. Our Retail Merchandisers are provided a company box truck to deliver the wide range of products offered by Five Star Food Service.
Retail Merchandiser’s Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for loading, delivering, and merchandising of items such items as soft drinks, non-carbonated drinks, coffee products, cups, condiments, snack items, fresh food, and sundries to customer's place of business contracted by Five Star. Verifies orders received and reconciles noted variances following outlined operational procedures.
• Replenishes market and vending items, cleans and sanitizes all vending /micro market equipment and display/checkout areas, inventories market and vending items, and collects all cash/coins within designated retail markets and vending locations assigned to his/her specific route or as requested by management to properly establish item levels per company guidelines.
• Replenishes and rotates stock to ensure first-in and first-out product utilization in reach-in coolers, on shelves, coffee racks and in vending machines in designated client retail locations per company SOP guidelines. Properly displays product (straight-up and facing forward). Identifies and removes unsold product from customer locations that is beyond the best-by date or will be past the best-by date prior to the next service.
• Responsible for proper picking, dating and handling of perishable food products. Ensures all cold food and milk products are always refrigerated and within guideline temperatures. Verifies and records temperatures on refrigeration logs, notifies management when temperature exceeds safety zones.
• Responsible for executing all company plan-o-grams and promotions as prescribed by corporate and division management standards and timelines.
• Ensures all fixtures, kiosks, DVRs, headers and machines are in good working order, properly placed, and with no obvious defects or in need of repair.
• Accurately records transactions on appropriate delivery tickets and/or electronic devices to include free standing payment centers. Maintains in good working order all assigned electronic devices and other peripheral devices (dex keys and printers). Accountable for all receipt of goods, invoice or delivery tickets, cash/coin received or collected, and product delivered or wasted. Conducts inventory reconciliation in accordance with company and division procedures.
• Utilizes operating system and handheld inventory devices in accordance with Company SOP to accurately maintain product inventory levels. Orders replacement inventory to ensure adequate supplies are on hand to meet client needs while maximizing product rotation. Reports all theft, vandalism, or inventory shortages to management immediately.
• Assists company management with communication to customers of new products or services. Responsible for setting up merchandise and sales promotion displays. Issues sales promotion materials to customers.
• Listens to and resolves service complaints on-site or via communication with management and/or service techs.
• Must be able to lift 50lbs+; on a repetitive basis and have the ability to reach, bend, stoop on a frequent basis.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions (ex. heat, cold, rain, and/or snow)
• Retail Merchandisers are required to be at least 21 years old (DOT) and have a valid driver's license.
• Must be able to consent to an initial drug screen.
• Must be able to consent to a pre-employment background check.
• Must be able to consent to and have the ability to obtain and maintain DOT medical card.
• Full-Time Employee Benefits Package Includes: Medical, Vision, Dental, Life & AD&D, Critical Illness, Short & Long Term Disability, 401(k), paid vacations and holidays
• Help us generate 500,000 meals for hungry kids each year via our 501(c)3 charity, Feeding the Future, Inc.
About Five Star Food Service:
Join one of the nation’s largest on-site food and beverage service providers proudly offering custom solutions to our clients including micro markets, full-line vending, coffee service, pantry service, sustainable products, water (filtered and bottled) service, catering, and corporate food service.
Notice: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.