Electrical Engineer, Hot Mill
February 20, 2021
Electrical Engineer, Hot Mill
Function Tech, R&D and Engineering Relocation Available Yes Position Type Full Time
Overview / Job Summary
Commonwealth Rolled Products is a leading manufacturer of Aluminum rolled products for the Automotive, Commercial, and Industrial markets. The Company operates its production facility in Lewisport, KY with the support of an Automotive Innovation Center for R&D, Sales and Field Service in Madison Heights (DET), and Inside Sales in the Cleveland, OH area.
Our production facility is seeking to add a talented Electrical Engineer, Hot Mill, to our Engineering team. The purpose of this role is to plan, manage, and implement capital, maintenance and upgrade projects to continuously improve the Hot Mill's electrical equipment, achieving specified measurable results, following all Commonwealth Rolled Products policies and governmental regulations.
• Comply with all safety standards and regulations.
• Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in making minor adaptations and modifications to electrical equipment.
• Apply lean manufacturing techniques.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing tasks, promoting open communication with peers and providing updates to direct management.
• Draft and submit budget proposals, recommend subsequent budget changes when necessary.
• Maintains compliance with all company and governmental regulations.
• Prepare and/or modify Electrical drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs.
• Build effective partnerships with plant personal through the implementation of small capital projects.
• Provide technical assistance and training to all applicable personnel regarding electrical systems and functions.
• Assist and lead maintenance in diagnosing equipment problems and recommend methods to prevent reoccurrence of these issues to improve reliability and reduce maintenance costs in the Hot Mill.
• Analyze and diagnose root causes of problems and failures recommending and providing solutions to maximize uptime.
• Identify potential issues related to the proper and cost effective operation and maintenance of equipment and processes to reduce costs and increase throughput.
• Maintain the integrity of engineering drawings, files, project and equipment archives along with updating deficiencies as they arise.
• Research, plan, and implement assigned projects/tasks to achieve the stated purpose while using the best technologies at the lowest cost.
• Develop and maintain up-to-date specialist knowledge on Hot Mill equipment.
• Four-year degree in Electrical Engineering or Technology and minimum of three years’ experience in an industrial environment required.
• Minimum three years' experience with controls.
• Must have experience with Siemens S5 or S7 programming systems.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, and organization skills required.
• Must be willing to support troubleshooting efforts in a 24/7 operation.
• Aluminum industry experience and experience with the rolling processes strongly preferred.
• Lean manufacturing/Six Sigma experience highly preferred.
• Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Continuous Improvement principles helpful
Commonwealth Rolled Products is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.
APPLY NOW Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Join Our Talent Network
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to join our Talent Network and stay connected!
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS