Mechanic - Fleet (NO CDL)
February 11, 2021
$22.90 per hour
CLICK HERE to view our Fleet Technician Job Preview Video
Position performs scheduled preventative maintenance and necessary repairs to automobiles, trucks (light and heavy), vans and forklifts. Disassembles and overhauls motors, transmissions, clutches, rear ends, electrical systems, and all other assemblies. Position works with a high degree of independence. This position requires that you have your own tools. Position also requires a number of physical movements including lifting, pinching, bending, reaching, climbing, and manipulating and handling objects.
PRIMARY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Diagnose failures of vehicles and disassemble, repair and reassemble parts as necessary
• Perform preventative maintenance on vehicles
• Answer road calls
• Maintain vehicle records as required
• Maintain and repair fleet equipment
• Fill out all necessary documents
• Maintain records such as daily check list (pre-trip inspection)
• Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
• At least 18 years of age
• Must be able to pass Forklift Driving Skills test (if applicable)
• Mechanical knowledge of gas and diesel repair
• Experience with hydraulic and air brake systems
• Knowledge of internal combustible engines
• Repairing forklifts (e.g., repairing propane fuel systems, hydraulic systems, pallet jacks, etc.)
• Working with computer instrumentation (e.g., using desktop computers, hand-held computers, laptop computers, performing diagnostics with computers, conducting preventative maintenance, executing work orders, etc.)
• Working with manufacturing standards (e.g., knowing current standards, staying up-to-date with the latest technology, having experience working with electronics, etc.)
• Repairing heavy trucks (e.g., working on tractor-trailers, brakes, tires, engines for 10 bays trucks to 18 wheelers, etc.)
• Repairing light trucks (e.g., trucks, vans, support vehicles, etc.)
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy .
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
UNAVAILABLE $0 per YEAR Employment Type: Full-Time