Senior Master Planning Manager
February 18, 2021
Sr. Master Planning Manager
Function Supply Chain & Logistics Relocation Available Yes Position Type Full Time
Overview / Job Summary
Commonwealth Rolled Products is a leading manufacturer of Aluminum rolled products for the Automotive, Commercial, and Industrial markets. The Company operates its production facility in Lewisport, KY with the support of an Automotive Innovation Center for R&D, Sales and Field Service in Madison Heights (DET), and Inside Sales in the Cleveland, OH area.
Our production facility is looking to add a talented Sr. Master Planning Manager to the Supply Chain team. Purpose of this role is to manage, establish, review, and maintain a master production schedule for the plant. Core responsibilities are the cast ingot and hot roll master planning process, including optimization of production. This high-level position is responsible for the master production plan, inventory forecasting, capacity management, intercompany purchase transactions and scheduling efficiency.
• Responsible for establishing, managing, and reviewing a master production schedule for the plant, making sure production is optimized.
• Will act as back up for the Director of Supply Chain.
• Leads a team of planners in the effective execution of master planning schedule; provide training, coaching, and support for direct and indirect reports.
• Leads the planning team in supporting plant and business unit strategies, initiatives, and metrics by defining and tracking on time delivery, master production schedule, and material downtime performance.
• Develops and redefines standard planning processes.
• Mentors and leads production planners, ensuring proper training and development on build readiness procedures.
• Is a team champion and lead administrator of demand management process. This includes developing and controlling customer commits to the demand plan, maintaining an achievable build and ship plan, and monitoring and maintaining work center capacity through use of capacity analysis tools.
• Supports the monthly S&OP process by tracking and communicating all revenue upside and risks, maintaining tools to understand financial impact of work center performance, and maintaining a capacity model.
• Develops and communicates a firm understanding of cross functional responsibilities, processes, and goals. Understands supply chain, inventory control, and manufacturing; recognizes critical components, pricing, lead time, and high inventory stocks.
• Acts as team lead in WIP tracking capabilities, BOM structuring, and process routings.
• Manages sales and operations, as well as demand management and forecasting process.
• With the supply chain and operations managers, devises business and supply chain strategy for the casting and hot mill areas.
• Effectively manages the production plan, inventory forecasting, capacity management, intercompany purchase transactions and scheduling efficiency.
• Works to continuously improve processes, using lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
• Acts as a project manager for the periodic introduction and efficiency improvement for technology and IT solutions.
• Operates safely and within all applicable laws, regulations and company policy and provide safety information and instructions to the work team to reduce potential unsafe conditions and acts.
• Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, a business-related field or industrial engineering is required.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a supply chain supervision role with increasing responsibility is required.
• Experience in a master planning environment required.
• Master level experience with Microsoft office suite required
• Must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills; attention to detail is an essential part of the job.
• Position requires occasional travel to other Aleris locations (10-25%).
• APICS Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) or Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) certification is desirable.
• Experience in the metals industry, preferably in an aluminum rolling mill, highly desirable.
• Experience implementing and executing production schedules with a supply chain optimization software is preferred.
Commonwealth Rolled Products is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.
APPLY NOW Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Join Our Talent Network
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to join our Talent Network and stay connected!
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS