February 18, 2021
Function Tech, R&D and Engineering Relocation Available No Position Type Full Time
Overview / Job Summary
Commonwealth Rolled Products is a leading manufacturer of Aluminum rolled products for the Automotive, Commercial, and Industrial markets. The Company operates its production facility in Lewisport, KY with the support of an Automotive Innovation Center for R&D, Sales and Field Service in Madison Heights (DET), and Inside Sales in the Cleveland, OH area.
Our Lewisport Innovation Center is seeking to add a talented Laboratory Technician to its team. The purpose of this role is to provide quality service and support to internal production areas in physical testing (PT Lab), elemental analysis testing (Quantometer Lab) and rolling lubricant testing (Chemical Lab).
• Provides quality service and support to internal production areas in physical testing (PT Lab), elemental analysis testing (Quantometer Lab), and rolling lubricant testing (Chemical Lab). Must also be capable of doing some in-plant or in-lab continuous improvement work as assigned by the Laboratory Supervisor.
• Always works in a safe manner; within the policies and procedures of Commonwealth Rolled Products – Lewisport, and the Technical Department.
• Employs personal knowledge, skills and expertise along with mutual cooperation, joint participation, effective communication, and dignity to co-workers to maintain a teamwork atmosphere.
• Properly operates all general laboratory equipment and instrumentation associated with the PT Laboratory, the Quantometer Laboratory and the Chemical Laboratory, exhibiting excellent quality of work and safety techniques in their operation.
• Maintains the Laboratory ISO 17025 Quality System by adherence to the Laboratory Quality Manuals and their supplements. Recognizes equipment malfunction and inaccuracies in analytical testing through the use of control charts, testing limits, tolerances, knowledge, and experience.
• Understands and adheres to up-to-date Work Instructions and Laboratory Quality Procedures while performing all required testing.
• Exhibits competence in all areas of data and/or result reporting. Provides accurate result reporting to all areas.
• Plans daily tasks and acquires needed assistance from co-workers if necessary, to ensure the satisfactory completion of essential and special request analyses.
• Provides minor maintenance to equipment if needed to insure its proper operation, recording all work done or contacts the appropriate personnel for repairs and/ or assistance through work orders.
• Communicates and works effectively with departments including Supply Chain, Operations and Sales in order to ensure on time deliverables to our customers.
• A.S. degree in business or technical field required or any equivalent combination of relevant experience and education that provides the required knowledge and skills.
• Ability to sort data and understand document systems and procedures in order to recognize current and/or potential problems, initiating effective resolutions or improvements within area of discretion identified by manager.
• Ability to use logic and reasoning to analyze procedures and systems to determine cause and effect relationship of outputs and seek help for needed modifications or assistance.
• Two to four years college degree in chemistry or metallurgical discipline strongly preferred.
Commonwealth Rolled Products is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.
APPLY NOW Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Join Our Talent Network
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to join our Talent Network and stay connected!
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS