Job ID 2021-5883 Group Spectra - Venue Management Location Name Spectra VM - Owensboro Convention Center Category Marketing & Sales Type Regular Full-Time
The Social Sales Coordinator is the primary contact for all weddings, reunions, anniversaries and other social banquets at the convention center. He/She handles all aspects of the event from beginning to end including negotiating contract terms and rates to managing the event onsite.
• Acts as main contact for all social clients.
• Conduct facility tours for potential clients.
• Sets appointments and make outside calls to potential clients.
• Negotiates the terms and pricing for each event
• Prepares license agreements and correspondence to clients.
• Assists Executive Chef and Director of Food & Beverage (DOFB) in developing personalized menus if needed.
• Works with DOFB, Director of Sales (DOS), and Director of Marketing (DOM) to update wedding, and other special packages each year.
• Coordinates tastings for clients upon request
• Enters and maintains complete and accurate information in Ungerboeck software
• Adheres to all building safety and fire code standards
• Ensures that all standard building policies and procedures are being communicated to client.
• Interacts with clients and other employees to ensure complete satisfaction with wedding processes and coordinates client’s requests and special needs
• Assures correct set-up of events
• Ensures all event requirements and requests have been addressed in a timely and helpful manner
• Ensures that all payments are documented and processed with Finance Department prior to event taking place
• Works in conjunction with the DOS and DOM on creating an annual marketing plan.
• Attends Industry events and trade shows as needed.
• Meets specified goals and objectives budgeted for the social market.
• Prepares reports, correspondence, memoranda, agreements and forecast projections to DOS
• Provides assistance and staff support to the DOS.
• Exemplifies the Our Promise and supports the building’s mission
• Oversees and maintains the sales suite and revenue generating items by creating upsell opportunities
• Working with local vendors to create partnerships - creating options that can enhance the social market.
• Acts as the Manager on Duty on occasion.
• Two years of increasingly responsible sales and/or event management experience, preferably in a convention center or a major hotel.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in marketing, business administration, hospitality, or a related field. A combination of education and experience may be substituted.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays, as required.
• Knowledge of EBMS software preferred.
• Experience in public facility highly preferred.
• Advanced computer proficiency and Microsoft products knowledge, to include: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Training on industry software will be provided.
• Must be constantly aware of changing events.
• Organized and focused on customer service.
• Knowledgeable in the procedures, methods, and techniques of marketing, sales and event management.
• Stays informed on current trends, news and ideas for weddings
• Experience with event scheduling and booking procedures.
• Accurate financial reporting.
• Knowledgeable in food, beverage, and hospitality practices.
We are strengthened by our differences and united by making a difference. Spectra embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and the communities that we serve. We strive to create an inclusive culture and equitable workplace where all employees feel valued and can bring their whole selves to work. Not only is it the right thing to do, but we know that diverse, equitable and inclusive teams invite deeper collaboration and understanding, spark greater innovation, and achieve higher employee satisfaction.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply
Apply Now Apply
Share this job with your Network.
Email this job to a friend. Refer this job to a friend.
We apologize for the inconvenience. The "Share" function is not working properly at this time. Please refresh the page and try again later. We appreciate your excitement about this opening!
Share on Social Media!
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS