Medical Services Lead
February 16, 2021
Medical Services Lead
Function HSE Relocation Available Yes Position Type Full Time
Overview / Job Summary
Commonwealth Rolled Products is a leading manufacturer of Aluminum rolled products for the Automotive, Commercial, and Industrial markets. The Company operates its production facility in Lewisport, KY with the support of an Automotive Innovation Center for R&D, Sales and Field Service in Madison Heights (DET), and Inside Sales in the Cleveland, OH area.
Our production facility is seeking to add a talented Medical Services Lead to its Health, Safety & Envrionmental (HSE) team. The purpose of this position is to provide Occupational Health Nursing Services to employees while adhering to all Commonwealth and governmental agency laws, policies and regulations.
• Actively participate in maintaining a zero incident safety culture.
• Live and champion the Commonwealth Rolled Products core values; Safety, Integrity, Customer Focus, Ownership, Excellence, and Teamwork.
• Maintain confidentiality that is vested within position.
• Hire, train and supervise medical staff.
• Provide nursing care to employees for both Occupational Health and personal illness situations.
• Provide Audiometric testing for employees who are identified as requiring hearing evaluation for the Hearing Conservation Program.
• Manage the physicals for the Stratum III personnel, new hires, the Fire Brigade members, and for Respirator Physicals.
• Manage the Medical Directors’ standing orders, through coordination of efforts with the Medical Director.
• Assist in documentation and implementation of Human Resource policies and procedures related to Medical Services.
• Monitor compliance with all applicable laws and company policies within areas of accountability.
• Oversee Workers’ Compensation benefits and process.
• Administer the Restricted Duty Policy with the Staff Administrator-Safety and the respective MRU Superintendent.
• Manage the company's wellness initiatives.
• Work within the budget constraints established for current year and to assist your manager in preparation of the next fiscal year budget specific to Medical Services.
• A B.S. in Nursing.
• 5+ years of nursing experience.
• Previous experience supervising and leading a team.
• Working knowledge of employment laws and benefit administration.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and standard office procedures is a must.
• Excellent interpersonal, planning, organizational, time management and communication skills are required.
• Able to plan and direct multiple tasks and to research, diagnose, and analyze data to anticipate or resolve Medical Service issues within area of discretion.
• Able to analyze and interpret compensation plans, and employment laws and to articulate understanding in responding to inquires or complaints from customers, employees, regulatory agencies, union officials, or members of the business community.
• Able to influence co-workers through coaching and behavior modeling by being clear, open, fair, honest, involving others in decisions that affect them, supplying resources as needed, and listening effectively.
• Able to use math, logic, data, and other analysis tools to solve practical problems. Must be able to recognize data needed in order to make decisions, collect that data, and analyze the data in order to determine direction in which to proceed.
• Able to communicate effectively with all employees by developing good listening skills and one-to-one facilitation skills.
• Background in HSE strongly preferred.
• Three to five years of administrative experience in an industrial environment preferred.
Commonwealth Rolled Products is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the positions.
APPLY NOW Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Join Our Talent Network
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to join our Talent Network and stay connected!
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS