Health Promotion Consultant
February 17, 2021
SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Health Promotion Consultant is responsible for promoting public health education programs and services and communicating effective health care messages to local communities by providing healthcare outreach and education throughout the Commonwealth of KY.
This is a field-based position that will serve our members in the Commonwealth, with up to 80% of local travel within an assigned area. When you are not in the field, you will work remotely from home. Occasional office visits for meetings and/or training are required. Note: Temporarily not doing field work. Telephonic outreach only due to the pandemic.
Multiple positions available for candidates living in the following areas in Kentucky:
HOURS: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Promote health education programs, services, health screenings and effective health messages to the communities throughout Kentucky.
• Provide education to members in local communities on health programs and on topics, such as diabetes prevention, tobacco cessation, depression, telehealth, nutrition, exercise, family planning, immunizations, dental care and suicide prevention.
• Create informational and culturally competent material to promote public health messages and education programs and services
• Develop and maintain partnerships with providers and community-based organizations, such as school districts, public health agencies, providers, Head Start and law enforcement partners to advance public health priorities.
• Identify Members who may benefit from health screenings and public health programs, connect them with these services, and follow-up on their program engagement.
• Work in tandem with members and providers to close gaps in care by assisting with setting up appointments for screenings and identifying barriers to care with a goal to improve screening rates
• Establishes positive relationships with community-based organizations and other key partners to gain an understanding of the cultural and linguistic needs of members.
Requires a Bachelors degree in related field and 2+ years of experience in health promotions, community services, public health, or similar environment; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• This position requires local travel. You must be comfortable visiting members in their homes, in the community, or facility.
• Bilingual language skills are preferred (Spanish or other).
• Must have the ability to travel up to 80% in the assigned area.
• Computer skills: You will receive training on Anthem specific applications, however, you must be comfortable working on a laptop with web-based applications. You must have experience working with MS Word, Outlook, and Excel. If you are not computer savvy this may hinder your ability to be successful in this position.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.