EL Student Services Coordinator
February 16, 2021
Job Title: EL Student Services Coordinator
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
• Experience in working directly with international and/or refugee populations is preferred.
• Working knowledge of multiple world languages is preferred.
Reports to: EL Program Director
Performance & Responsibilities:
• Serves to assist new EL families in the centralized registration process.
• Works closely with the Migrant Program students and families in coordination with our partnering district.
• Consults with FRC Director and school personnel to communicate effectively to families in critical situations involving health, safety, and/or academic needs.
• Networks with appropriate community resources to assist students in breaking down potential academic barriers.
• Assist DPP with home visits.
• Works with the College and Career Readiness administrators to assist high school aged EL students find appropriate pathways and/or job placement.
• Assists schools in family involvement events at particular school campuses.
• Assists families with using the language line.
• Consults with current EL instructional staff to help break down academic barriers to learning.
• Researches ways to find and maximize resources for EL students.
• In concert with other school personnel, make home visits when appropriate.
• Serves as a member of the EL support team and meets regularly to discuss current issues and future plans.
• Assists as needed in required testing of EL students.
• Any other duties seemed necessary by the Instructional Department.
• Abides by the Professional Code of Ethics for Kentucky Certified School Personnel.
• Adheres to the requirements of any District or school employee handbook, Owensboro Board of Education policies, and all applicable laws and regulations.
• Acts in accordance with the by-laws and policies as set forth by the Owensboro Board of Education, KRS and KAR, and applicable Federal laws and regulations.
• Demonstrates loyalty and dedication to the purposes and goals of the Owensboro Public Schools.
Both Indoor, environmentally controlled and outdoor exposure. Typical office/classroom environment including but not limited to telephones, personal interruptions, background noises. Require working with or near the public, parents, and children and will be subject to sounds, scents, and other related environmental factors. This position will require dealing with conflict and requires use of sound judgement.
Physical Demands: (example)
• Light lifting
• Sitting for long periods of time
• Hand and finger dexterity
• Repetitive movement
• Standing and walking intermittently throughout a typical work day
Travel Requirements: (Frequency and Duration)
• Less than 10% out of district
• Daily as needed within district boundaries
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Certified Evaluation Plan. The evaluation will be conducted by the EL Program Director.
• Classified Salary Schedule
• Certified Benefits Package
• Number of days per year: 210
• Number of hours per day: 7.5
• FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
• Fiscal Year: 2021/2022
• This posting expires:
Equal Education and Employment Opportunities M/F/D
Primary Location Central Office Salary Range Per Hour Shift Type Full Time